Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
How Do I Remove my Account Info?

I have a spare Kobo WiFi and I want to lend it out to a friend. The friend is trustworthy, but of course, I would feel more comfy if I removed my Kobo account from that device (as is it set up to automatically charge to my credit card when you press 'Shop'). I can't find out a way to do this. I can 'view' my account info - but cannot seem to remove it. Has anyone been able to do this?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Reset to factory default settings maybe?

The account information is stored on sqlite database on .kobo folder (hidden folder). You can also play around with sqlite to modify the database directly.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
If you can't remove the credit card number there perhaps you can change it to a nonsense number eg 0000 0000 0000 0000?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I have a spare Kobo WiFi and I want to lend it out to a friend. The friend is trustworthy, but of course, I would feel more comfy if I removed my Kobo account from that device (as is it set up to automatically charge to my credit card when you press 'Shop'). I can't find out a way to do this. I can 'view' my account info - but cannot seem to remove it. Has anyone been able to do this?
If your friend is not interested in the books you bought through the shop, the best is probably to factory reset the unit and either let set set it up with his own account for the duration of the loan, or use the trick mentioned here if he's only going to read sideloaded content (in that case, storing the books on a microSD card is a good idea since it won't get erased in the factory reset).

François

Last edited by frankieGom; 01-02-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: typos
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
My friend will be reading a couple of books from my library and a couple of sideloaded books, so doing a factory reset would mean I'd have to download my Kobo books to my PC and then sideload them through ADE - which I tried before and it caused a corruption in my device. I don't use an SD card for this device, so that's not an option either.

If there isn't an easy way to do this, I am just going to have to take my chances. I like GoingDown's suggestion about going into the .kobo folder to erase my info, but I am guessing this would mean I'd have to factory reset/set-up the device again if I ever want to update my library on this device again - correct?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
What would happen if you change your password to the account through the website? Would your Kobo then prompt you for the new password before you can buy?
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote