Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Overdrive question

I installed the Overdrive app so I can download and read library books and set it to download to the Micro SD card instead of the device. However, when I look on the DS card, the book isn't there and I can still read it with the card out of the slot. What happened? I did have Overdrive configured to download to the device, but then changed it to the memory card before getting the book. I see people telling they can read eBooks on Adobe Digital Edition on their PC and that's what I wanted to do as well. Is there a way to move the book from Overdrive to the Micro SD card?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
one thing to note is that when you see a prompt to download to SD card, it usually means the internal SD card, rather than an external one. I've unfortunately wrapped up the vox for christmas so I can see what it shows when an external is inserted.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Problem solved, I think, although I'm still curious why it didn't download to the Micro SD card. Anyway, I logged into my public library from my PC and went to my books and the same book had a download button. When I clicked it, the book downloaded to Adobe Digital Editions, which I have installed and it's now also in My_Documents/My_Digital_Editions.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote