Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Add tag when book is synced to device

Is there some way I can have a predefined tag added to a title when it has been synced to a device, and likewise a (different) predefined tag when a title is removed from a device?

I realise that I can just search the on device column but I have had the occasional glitch when nothing has shown in the device column and I've had to re-send them (device is itunes). A simple tag added when sending would make like a "backup" of what should currently be on device.
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
Is there some way I can have a predefined tag added to a title when it has been synced to a device, and likewise a (different) predefined tag when a title is removed from a device?

I realise that I can just search the on device column but I have had the occasional glitch when nothing has shown in the device column and I've had to re-send them (device is itunes). A simple tag added when sending would make like a "backup" of what should currently be on device.
you should be able to use the Search and Replace section of the Bulk editor to add a tag based upon the contents of ondevice
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
ecognito
ecognito began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I would also like the facility to automatically add a tag to a book when it is sent to the device. I download a great many short articles, which I delete from the device as I read them. Upon connecting back to calibre, I sometimes lose track of which are new articles to send to the device, and which ones I've already read and need to be archived. (Often have to open them and scan the contents to remind myself.)

I tag that is automatically added to indicate that the device has already seen the article would be invaluable.
ecognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you looked at using the Reading List plugin? I think it will give you what you want.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #5
ecognito
ecognito began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It almost does it in reverse, in that it will add a tag when you've added it to the list, and remove the tag when you sync the list to the device.

This would work, except that:

1. You have to specifically add items to the list, you can't have it automatically add new items added via calibredb add.

2. You must sync that list via the reading list mechanism.

Would like something a bit cleaner that hooks whatever is triggered when you click the "Send to device" button and adds the tag then. Less thinking for the user (which, being me, is always a good thing. ;-)
ecognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert