Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #16
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Yeah, I've installed koreader and it works beautifully. But fer crying out loud, this thing cost $500+! I shouldn't have to install 3rd party software for basic functionally.

I totally agree !
- When I buy the Boox Nova Pro, I suppose the integrated reader NeoReader will match the price, but disappointed and finally I must use the third reader . (koreader, kobo)
* Nor percentage of reading, nor the remaining time in the book. Abbreviation basic things. For that price, I only have the right just for the page number !?

- I really don't understand why we can't even see the book's details. Book detail doesn't work

- Onyx Nova has a potential but wants to fine-tune it

- On the other hand, for "PDF or CBZ / CBR", works very well.
*But I use more ePUB, books in general, I am not convinced with NeoReader.
(Positive point : In the new 2.1.2 update when I leave a book, I do not go back directly to HOME screen as before, but I still stay in the parent folder)

- To listen to TTS, BOOX Nova, screen must is ON, this is a pity..
* For TTS I use : "Voice dream", and Voix "TTS Vocalizer" instead of "PICO".

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #17
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
How did you find previous version of NeoReader?
Can it be extracted from firmware ?
After my adventures with upgrading and lucky rollbacking my Nova, i decided to stuck with firmware 6.0.1 / 2018-12-26 basically for keeping Neoreader 2.0 safe..
I Would like to have NeoReader also on my smartphone/tablet , to keep a standard experience across devices
Hi.
I installed version 2.0.1, I leave you the APK.
But in my opinion, on another device like Onyx will not work (installation will be impossible)

NeoReader 2.0.1 .APK for Download: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1559055707
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobread.png
Views:	1251
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	171675  
Attached Files
File Type: zip NeoReader 2.0.1 APK.zip (19.74 MB, 355 views)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-28-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #18
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Thank you.
It install and work fine on my Nova, now i have neoreader 2.0 and this fw 2.0.1 that has my same wanted behaviour on pdf (resistance to page turn on zoom pages).
Good to have an half-rollback chance if i decided to update firmware.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #19
Acryde
Acryde began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
According to Nathan here, it seems the 2.1.2 chinese version is already available for the note
Acryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #20
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Still waiting for firmware update for English version .. thought will be released early June .. now is already 10 June
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #21
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Still waiting for firmware update for English version .. thought will be released early June .. now is already 10 June
Could be that they have discovered some bugs and are in the midst of fixing them before releasing the international version. After all, they probably want to get it right this time so that they don't have to pull this update shortly after releasing it as happened with the 2.1.1 firmware.

Patience is a virtue.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #22
Odin-zemlyanin
Odin-zemlyanin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2015
Is anyone have a firmware version newer than 1.9 which I have on the Note pro? want to try neo reader 3
Odin-zemlyanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #23
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin-zemlyanin View Post
Is anyone have a firmware version newer than 1.9 which I have on the Note pro? want to try neo reader 3
You used to be able to switch the device language to Chinese and get the update, I don't know if this still works and I never tried it myself
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:02 AM   #24
Odin-zemlyanin
Odin-zemlyanin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardwillie View Post
You used to be able to switch the device language to Chinese and get the update, I don't know if this still works and I never tried it myself
it doesn't work i tried many times
Odin-zemlyanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #25
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
I received my Note Pro from Hong Kong yesterday. It was shipped on saturday from HK.
It is loaded with firmware 2.1.1
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #26
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth90 View Post
I received my Note Pro from Hong Kong yesterday. It was shipped on saturday from HK.
It is loaded with firmware 2.1.1
If you're interested in trying things, install some add-on readers, e.g., koreader or librera or moon+ and then in your library view, the main one for the tablet, not for any of those readers, try long pressing a book and see if it lets you select one of those other readers.

My other big complaint is that their neoreader always forces text-align: justified which gives you a straight right margin. I prefer a ragged right margin which avoids the problem of uneven spacing between words.

And setting up google play was not straightforward. Part of it may have been due to google using colors that don't play well on a grayscale screen and I couldn't tell what was what.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #27
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
And setting up google play was not straightforward. Part of it may have been due to google using colors that don't play well on a grayscale screen and I couldn't tell what was what.

I haven't been successful in setting up Google Play. I checked the check box, and then I end up on the screen where it says that Onyx is not registered with Google.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #28
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I haven't been successful in setting up Google Play. I checked the check box, and then I end up on the screen where it says that Onyx is not registered with Google.
To me it's not a big loss. A big problem with an Android e-reader is that the apps you can get from Google Play don't know about devices with grayscale. I suspect that the Android operating system doesn't provide a way for apps to query it and find out if the display is grayscale. But they all assume that the screen can display colors and their color choices often don't work when they're automatically converted to grayscale.

Even the apps for reading epubs can have poor color choices. The one that works best for me is koreader; its user interface was a bit confusing but once you get the hang of it it's fine. And it does all the right things that an e-reader should.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #29
barth90
Enthusiast

Quote:
To me it's not a big loss. A big problem with an Android e-reader is that the apps you can get from Google Play don't know about devices with grayscale.
Even the apps for reading epubs can have poor color choices. The one that works best for me is koreader; its user interface was a bit confusing but once you get the hang of it it's fine. And it does all the right things that an e-reader should.
That's why I didn't spend a lot of time trying to get Google Play working.

Right now I am using the neoreader app for ebook reading.

Do you prefer koreader? what about the Kindle app? How do you compare the reading experience of these 3 apps (neoreader, koreader, and kindle)?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #30
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
That's why I didn't spend a lot of time trying to get Google Play working.

Right now I am using the neoreader app for ebook reading.

Do you prefer koreader? what about the Kindle app? How do you compare the reading experience of these 3 apps (neoreader, koreader, and kindle)?
I kind of gave up in disgust and moved on to better things. But in my brief foray I preferred koreader. It has a huger amount of flexibility; neoreader seems to have very little. It never occurred to me to try the kindle app since I prefer to stick with epub (does the kindle reader do epub?).