Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 04-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
javierdl
javierdl began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Question Can't stop Sunrise from downloading to RAM

Although I already changed the "Destination" from RAM to SD Card, it continues downloading to RAM! I Even created a new document and erased the original, the only diff now is that it does download to the SD Card too.
The Log file message (after synching) says to use the "Conduit" to edit the settings, what on earth is that?!!

Thanks in advance for your help,

JDL
Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
lorraineg57
Enthusiast
lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Iphone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by javierdl
Although I already changed the "Destination" from RAM to SD Card, it continues downloading to RAM! I Even created a new document and erased the original, the only diff now is that it does download to the SD Card too.
The Log file message (after synching) says to use the "Conduit" to edit the settings, what on earth is that?!!

Thanks in advance for your help,

JDL
Conduit is your hotsync manager. You can edit where applications/documents are synced to from there. You should have some type of a shortcut on your desktop or toolbar. If you're in windows XP, it will be in the lower right hand corner by your clock.

It seems to me that *some* part of the document or SOMETHING downloads to ram while the actual content syncs to the card you've specified. I realized this after cancelling sync operations numerous times as soon as I saw Status: RAM in the hotsync window while syncing. I let it go the last time and the location it was syncing to quickly changed to Secure SD. Are you sure the entire content is going to RAM?

Lorraine
Advert