Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #1636
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Was it possibly a "Great on Kindle" credit from a previous purchase of a "Great on Kindle" title?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #1637
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
I think the Amazon $1.49 credit was a sham - I don't see that I have a credit even though I absolutely remember seeing the offer.

Nm, I contacted amazon chat and was told the credit was there, it just wasn't visible on my end. Why, Amazon?

Sufue, I don't think so since I didn't get the credit on the purchase I made yesterday. Looks like I should get it on my next one.

Last edited by wandalynn; 06-12-2019 at 07:54 PM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #1638
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
I think the Amazon $1.49 credit was a sham - I don't see that I have a credit even though I absolutely remember seeing the offer.

Nm, I contacted amazon chat and was told the credit was there, it just wasn't visible on my end. Why, Amazon?

Sufue, I don't think so since I didn't get the credit on the purchase I made yesterday. Looks like I should get it on my next one.

So buy what you wanna and cancel (7 days) if the credit isn't honoured.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #1639
gunbad
Connoisseur
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage
$1.99 at AmazonUS

Pan Am at War: How the Airline Secretly Helped America Fight World War II by Mark Cotta Vaz and John H. Hill.

Published by SkyHorse and sold by Simon & Schuster Digital Sales Inc.

I have had this on my Amazon wishlist since first day of release.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:58 AM   #1640
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
At Amazon UK, The History of the Hobbit (one volume version) is just £1.99 at the moment.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:52 AM   #1641
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbad View Post
$1.99 at AmazonUS

Pan Am at War: How the Airline Secretly Helped America Fight World War II by Mark Cotta Vaz and John H. Hill.

Published by SkyHorse and sold by Simon & Schuster Digital Sales Inc.

I have had this on my Amazon wishlist since first day of release.

Very, very tempting to purchase. I've liked airplanes since almost before I can remember. And I like the history of WWII; I was completely unaware, however, of the aspect that this book brings out about the War, until I read the description about the book.

Maybe I can decide before the price goes up. I think that I'm gonna check the two libraries where I have borrowing privileges first. But with 400+ pages, paying less than $10 for the ebook and audiobook is not too bad.

Thanks for the post. It's a good one, IMHO.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:33 AM   #1642
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Galaxy Tab A (2017)
I found Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" a very good read. It gave me a lot of insight on the novel.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:04 AM   #1643
binaryhermit
Guru
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
in the us, that book is $9.99 but is KU-eligible
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #1644
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pen and Sword's 50-Ebook Monthly Sale--Prices Start at £0.99 (USD $1.24)!

One of Pen and Books' monthly sales of "50 ebooks under £5" [beginning at £0.99) is going on now. So that you don't have to look around or read all the way through this post to find the website for the sale, here it is.

The current exchange rate, in the U.S., for £1 is $1.26. So, a £.99 book is $1.24 (both figures courtesy of xe.com). (There is a fee that your bank or credit card company or whoever will charge for making the exchange transaction, but the fee is very small.)

Pen and Sword is a British company. They specialize in history books. Among the history books, they specialize in military/war books. Among the military/war books, they specialize in books about WWI and WWII. Then, there are some odds and ends. Pen and Sword has several imprints, at least some of which are represented in this sale.

I'm "sure" that I've purchased Pen and Sword ebooks in the past, but I'm equally sure that I haven't read any of them, yet. I can say that P&S have a reputation for producing quality ebooks. They seem to have the same feeling about themselves, based upon the fact that I noticed, after just a cursory look, that the regular price of one of their ebooks is £56 ($70 or so)!

I won't give you the titles, prices, and webpages of the 50 ebooks in the sale because . . . uh . . . well . . . I . . . uh . . . I've got to go defrag the hard drive in my cellphone. Yeah, that's it--I've got to go defrag my smartphone's hard drive! But if any of the topics that I mentioned above pique your interest, I encourage you to check out Pen and Sword's webpage for the sale.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-16-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:21 AM   #1645
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FREE PDF of Ebook about Hungary's Battleship.

WarGameVault is a company that supplies resources to gamers who use the old-fashioned physical objects (vs digital ones) to play games. The company also supplies resources to people who like to do physical modeling. As the name of the company suggests, they specialize in military-related stuff.

Occasionally, they offer items that are of a broader appeal--they are not only of interest to the kinds of people mentioned above, but also to a much more diverse crowd. The following item, an ebook, is one of those. And, before I possibly forget to mention it, it is free.

Before telling more about this freebie, however, I have a question for you: Hungary is a land-locked country. How many battleships has it had? That is not a "trick" question--the answer is actually one. The name of the ship was the SMS Szent Istvan.

WarGameVault is offering the PDF of the ebook Szent Istvan: Hungary's Battleship for free.

Probably all of WarGameVault's ebooks are PDF's, and probably most of them are watermarked. There is no indication that the ebook mentioned above is watermarked.

WarGameVault has a boat-load (no pun intended) of other freebies, many of limited interest. However, if you'd like to check them out, look for "Browse Categories" > Price on the lefthand column on this wepage.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #1646
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Hungary was once part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, until WWI came along. And yes they did have warships, including submarines.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #1647
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post

Before telling more about this freebie, however, I have a question for you: Hungary is a land-locked country. How many battleships has it had? That is not a "trick" question--the answer is actually one. The name of the ship was the SMS Szent Istvan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Hungary was once part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, until WWI came along. And yes they did have warships, including submarines.
Apache
The Szent Istvan can be considered to be Hungary's only battleship in that it was the only battleship built in the kingdom of Hungary when it was part of the Austro-Hungarian empire. Austria-Hungary of course had a navy; let's not forget Captain von Trapp when we mention submarines. He wrote a fascinating account of his years captaining a submarine during the Great War; he was a national hero.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:31 AM   #1648
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Its main port was Trieste, which is now in Italy, but was a part of the Habsburg Empire until 1918.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39 AM   #1649
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the enlightenment on the battleship. There must have been a lot of hype (to put it kindly) and technicality (yes, at one particular time, when things were much different politically in the region from what they are today, Hungary technically did have a battleship) in the description.

An apology: so anxious was I to make a post about the ship that I didn't actually download it before I posted it. I have now. The "ebook" is formatted much like a real book, but it is only about 7 pages long! I don't knowingly post "books" that are less than 25 pages long--I personally don't consider them books. I first should have downloaded this pamphlet or booklet or whatever you would call it, and given it the "once over," at least. Lesson learned.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; Yesterday at 01:42 AM.
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #1650
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Read about the time that your couch lost an empire.

David Frompkin - A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East 20th Anniversary Edition at Amazon.com for $1.99.
Fluribus is online now   Reply With Quote