Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #76
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
FWIW: this is from a couple weeks ago - Curious - Calibre Install asks for a restart

I've installed a later version of calibre since then, did not get a restart needed popop, so it was a 'one off'. Very occasionally I have had installs of other programs do the same thing - I call them blue moon events.
Even so .... it asked, not forced. As I mentioned, I have occasionally seen Windows pop a reboot request after Sigil installs a new vc++ runtime (vs2013 to vs2015, 2015 to 2017, etc...) but it's been rare. And never "forced." The choice to cancel is always presented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Aside: I'm still using Sigil 0.9.13. Given 0.9.15 will be released soon, is there any reason I should not skip 0.9.14, there's nothing in it I need.
No. There will be no requirement to be at 0.9.14 when upgrading to 0.9.15, so if there's nothing in the bug-fixes or new features list that interests you, you can wait.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #77
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Even so .... it asked, not forced.
Quite. But, I can't recall if the default response was 'Yes' (restart now).

OT - I believe Windows 1903 lightens up on force feeding Home edition updates, i.e. they get some control over installs and restarts etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #78
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I didn't get a reboot (or even a prompt recommending a reboot) when installing 9.1.14. Windows 10 in 4 versions.
In response to a PM asking why I had 4 versions of Windows 10 for testing installs. The four versions where I tested the Sigil install were Windows 10 Insider Preview (18917), Windows 10 1903 Pro, Windows 10 1903 Pro Education and Windows 10 1809 LTSC. They are all virtual machines on my laptop. The first is to keep up with what is happening in Microsoft's future plans for Windows 10, the other three are for work related tasks. A simple snapshot, install and then restore snapshot keeps the images clean.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote