Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #901
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The nice thing about the wiki is that you can add things to it yourself. There is no reason it cannot be the best source out there for everything eBook related. It just needs more people to know about it and those who are willing to update the data.

Dale
Is there a style guide or anything for the wiki? I'd be willing to try to update some of the information, but I don't want to step on any toes. Looking at the update history, I see that those toes are exclusively yours. If there is a set of guidelines that you expect of yourself, I'd like to know what it is.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #902
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Is there a style guide or anything for the wiki? I'd be willing to try to update some of the information, but I don't want to step on any toes. Looking at the update history, I see that those toes are exclusively yours. If there is a set of guidelines that you expect of yourself, I'd like to know what it is.
I didn't notice that those were your toes, DaleDe. Thanks for your work on the wiki!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #903
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FREE True Devotion to Mary, from Catholic Way Publishing. In Mobi, EPub, and/or PDF.

Receive, free, an ebook, True Devotion to Mary: With Preparation for Total Consecration, from Catholic Way Publishing.

Whether you are an adherent of Roman Catholicism, some other religion, or none at all, you may find this book to be interesting, if not educational.

Here are some characteristics of this particular edition from Catholic Way Publishing:
— The Original and Best 1863 Translation from the French by Reverend Frederick William Faber, D.D.
— Two Books in One, True Devotion to Mary and 33-Day Preparation for Total Consecration
— Includes Prefaces, an Introduction, information on True Devotion and Saint Louis De Montfort
— A Classic Masterpiece of Marian Theology
— Prayers are included in each of the 33 Day Preparation Days
— Over 68,000 words including illustrations by Bartolome Esteban Murillo
— Includes an Active Index and Table of Contents
— Includes Active Links to Prayers and Endnotes

Frankly, the Kindle version is only 99 cents, but there may be a (some) greater advantage(s) to having this particular, edition. One advantage that I can think of immediately is that Amazon's ebook is available only in the mobi format, where CWP's is available in this and all other of other favorite flavors, also (i.e., PDF and ePub)--you can download one, two, or even all three formats, if you so desire.

Here are the CWP linkies to all three formats:
mobi.
ePub.
PDF.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-12-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:04 AM   #904
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FREE Ancillary Resources to Go Along with Ken Ham's The Lie.

I'm an audiophile.

But one disadvantage of listening to a non-fiction audiobook, without having a print copy (paper-based or digital), too, is that you "never" get the footnotes/endnotes, and other ancillary stuff that the print-based book might contain.

There are exceptions to that rule. One that immediately comes to mind is The Great Courses courses, which generally, at least, include a PDF with each course, with the PDF including such things as transcripts, footnotes/endnotes, and outlines.

The audiobook version of Ken Ham's The Lie (which refutes the theory of biological evolution), published by Master Books, is another exception. This may not be widely known, but they provide a separate digital pamphlet, free, with footnotes/endnotes for the audiobook comprising most of the 27 pages of the pamphlet. There also are some additional goodies at the end.

The link.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-14-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:32 AM   #905
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why on Earth would you recommend that anyone waste their time listening to such complete garbage?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:45 AM   #906
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
You can hit help in the wiki and help has a category which can be used to explore these topics. Use current pages to get an idea of organization. You can add pages for new topics such as a new product but adding to an existing page is usually the best if there is a connection . We already have more than 1500 pages. The are some templates as well shown at the bottom of the community portal.

I am the moderator and will assist as needed. I am currently sitting on a cruise ship so my responses may be a bit spotty.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:30 AM   #907
Freehunter
Connoisseur
Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freehunter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4PC, PW2, HD7, calibre
Institutes of the Christian Religion
John Calvin
https://www.monergism.com/institutes-christian-religion

A New Translation, by Henry Beveridge, Esq
Edinburgh: Printed for The Calvin Translation Society, 1845

Free

ePub http://www.monergism.com/thethreshol...%20Calvin.epub

.mobi http://www.monergism.com/thethreshol...%20Calvin.mobi

.pdf http://www.ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes.pdf
Freehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #908
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why on Earth would you recommend that anyone waste their time listening to such complete garbage?
I was going to say something a little less harsh, but thought I’d get in trouble from a mod.

Fwiw, I’m a very conservative Christian, but feel that the young earth creationism stuff is bunk. Teaching it to children, like Ken Ham encourages at his Noah’s Ark Museum, is borderline child abuse.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #909
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case anyone didn't know, there is a Politics and Religion subforum that is opt-in where we are allowed to discuss the substance of creationism or other sensitive topics. In your User Control Panel, under Networking, click on Group Memberships. Add yourself to "Hardened Debaters".

This thread ensued after I posted a creationist book six years ago and was moved to P&R. I'm not suggesting that anyone necro that thread, but it contains reasons why some might want to read creationist stuff. If anyone wants to start a new thread, I'd be happy to talk about it again.

I enjoy reading books by creationist apologists and hope they keep getting posted. In fact, the posted link included a "Ken Ham timeline" that isn't in my copy of The Lie and that I found interesting.

If it makes anyone feel better, my daughter doesn't read my creationist books.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:05 AM   #910
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

I almost forgot why I actually visited the forum.

The Jehovah's Witness Watchtower Library CD is now officially online at jw.org.

LINK

The ~3GB download is a DVD image that can either be mounted in recent versions of Windows or burned to a physical DVD. 7-Zip will open it on older versions of Windows.

This software contains a nearly full set of Watchtower publications including the NWT Bible, Watchtower and Awake magazines back to 1950 and all published books (including Reasoning from the Scriptures). Previously, the disc was only legally available from a Witness (and Witnesses weren't supposed to give them out to non-Witnesses) or eBay.

For any fellow Linux nerds, it runs in current versions of Wine.