Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #16
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've seen it happen if you left something in your cart too long, we're talking like a day or something though.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:02 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I get that all the time, too. And like you, when I change the delivery to 2-day Prime, somehow they still both arrive on the same day. I half suspect if there are items at 2 different warehouses, they want to ship one to the other warehouse (using less costly methods since it's Amazon-to-Amazon) and then ship them together in a single box.
That was my take, too. Just seems sorta shady to expect me to waive my paid-for right to 2-day Prime shipping out of the kindness of my heart. Oh well. I know to look for it now. A long as I can remember to switch it back to 2-day Prime shipping I should be OK.

Glad I'm not the only one it's happening to.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:44 AM   #18
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
I guess the same thing happens between Spain (21%), UK (20%) and Portugal (23%).
There is nothing secret about this recalculation. Amazon says that they do this, and they have to because it's the law. (Or at least their interpretation of the law.)
Amazon is correct.
For cross-border sales within the EU they have to apply the VAT of the country they are delivering to:
Quote:
Special rules may apply when you buy goods from another EU country for delivery to your country of residence. If the company you buy from sells goods over a certain value to your country, where the goods are delivered, they cannot charge VAT in the country where you make your purchase.

Instead, they have to apply VAT in the country where the goods are delivered – VAT of destination. The maximum amount for these cross-border sales is set by each EU country at either EUR 35 000 or EUR 100 000. This means that most major online retailers delivering within the EU will have to apply the VAT of destination rule.
(This is also the case for digital content such as eBooks, regardless of the amount sold.)

Last edited by murraypaul; 06-13-2019 at 04:48 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #19
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Amazon is correct.
For cross-border sales within the EU they have to apply the VAT of the country they are delivering to:

(This is also the case for digital content such as eBooks, regardless of the amount sold.)
Thank you!

after reading that information I understand why the other stores didn't use this, it's not likely a small/medium store will have made more than 35000 € sold to Portugal.

My faith in amazon is restored, shame that costumer support didn’t know about this.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote