Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #241
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Is there a way to make the patch for "Increase the view details container size" work on a Clara HD with "Custom synopsis/font size" without any lines being cut? Maybe someone has figured out a safe font size?

Also, wasn't there a patch to disable the fast forward/backward flipping of pages by holding the lower corners? This feature makes it impossible to look up words in the last line in the dictionary. Or is there another way to disable it? I think I read something somewhere but I don't remember exactly...
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #242
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Is there a way to make the patch for "Increase the view details container size" work on a Clara HD with "Custom synopsis/font size" without any lines being cut? Maybe someone has figured out a safe font size?
I don't have a Clara HD, so I can't really help here. I haven't had any issues on my A2 though.

Quote:
Also, wasn't there a patch to disable the fast forward/backward flipping of pages by holding the lower corners? This feature makes it impossible to look up words in the last line in the dictionary. Or is there another way to disable it? I think I read something somewhere but I don't remember exactly...
There's a configuration option, but I don't remember off the top of my head what it was called.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:39 AM   #243
mathil
Addict
mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi,
is it possible to officially include the 'Set font scale factor' patch that GeoffR created in this thread in kobopatch? I mean the one that works on both kepubs and epubs, not just on epubs:

Code:
Set font scale factor:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
      This patch sets the font scale factor for ePub and KePub readers.
  # font scale factor is (current font size) / (X+32)
  # original value X=14, so (current font size) / 46 is original scale factor,
  # e.g. selecting font size 46 from the slider gives scale factor 1.0
  # allowed replacement values for X: 0-15 (smaller X --> larger scale factor)
  # ePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0x4A6EBA, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
  # KePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0xA2A5F0, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
I've already added it manually to my list of patches and I've been finding it very useful with kepubs: it helps me in finding my optimal font-size for reading across books without having to change the book's CSS manually. I don't know if it would be too difficult to maintain though...
mathil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:44 AM   #244
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Hi,
is it possible to officially include the 'Set font scale factor' patch that GeoffR created in this thread in kobopatch? I mean the one that works on both kepubs and epubs, not just on epubs:

Code:
Set font scale factor:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
      This patch sets the font scale factor for ePub and KePub readers.
  # font scale factor is (current font size) / (X+32)
  # original value X=14, so (current font size) / 46 is original scale factor,
  # e.g. selecting font size 46 from the slider gives scale factor 1.0
  # allowed replacement values for X: 0-15 (smaller X --> larger scale factor)
  # ePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0x4A6EBA, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
  # KePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0xA2A5F0, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
I've already added it manually to my list of patches and I've been finding it very useful with kepubs: it helps me in finding my optimal font-size for reading across books without having to change the book's CSS manually. I don't know if it would be too difficult to maintain though...
It wouldn't be too hard to maintain (it would add about 15 seconds to the time to update the patches), but it's up to GeoffR if he wants to add the patch (as it's his patch).

GeoffR recently added this patch, so you might want to see if it fits your needs.

Last edited by geek1011; 06-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #245
mathil
Addict
mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.mathil can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It wouldn't be too hard to maintain (it would add about 15 seconds to the time to update the patches), but it's up to GeoffR if he wants to add the patch.

GeoffR recently added this patch, so you might want to see if it fits your needs.
Thanks for the reply! From what I've seen the patch that has been already added only works with epubs -- which makes sense, that's where the main issue was. The patch I'm using was an alternative, which ended up solving one of my problems by happy coincidence
I would be very happy if GeoffR decided to include this in future releases as well, but if not it's fine as it is -- it's a very minor thing that is probably of no interest to other users now that it's fixed, and I'm already happy that I have the choice not to update if I want to, which is more than I had before for sure
mathil is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests