Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #61
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
A canary should be pretty safe.
And protects you from bad air should you be down a mine...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #62
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Not in a coal mine.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #63
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
And protects you from bad air should you be down a mine...
Great minds think alike.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:45 PM   #64
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Be careful! Tweety birds attract vicious cats!

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #65
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post

Barry
Oh gawd, reminds of an atrocious TV series a few years ago - The Last Train (plot holes you could drive a train through - sideways).

One episode featured a black leopard down a disused mine. (The apocalyptic disaster had happened at least a year previously, and the animal was supposedly down there for some time. It looked very sleek and well-fed - there must have been giant rats down there with it...)
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 06:35 PM   #66
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Oh gawd, reminds of an atrocious TV series a few years ago - The Last Train (plot holes you could drive a train through - sideways).

One episode featured a black leopard down a disused mine. (The apocalyptic disaster had happened at least a year previously, and the animal was supposedly down there for some time. It looked very sleek and well-fed - there must have been giant rats down there with it...)
Considering what I have seen wolves hunting mice, a leopard would not need giant rats, just a sufficient quantity of them. Think of them as four footed mobile protein bars.

Which reminds me why do so few zombies freeze to death in the various zombie apocalypse books and movies? A zombie in much of Canada in the winter months would rapidly become a corpsicle.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #67
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:

Barry
I'm a cat. Just check my avatar if you don't believe me.

Now start singing:
"I thought I saw a puddycat . . . "
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #68
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I love birds. Chickens are birds right? They are delicious.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #69
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
He needs some new "industry insiders" — as I'm still waiting on that new Kobo Mini that was supposed to be sold at Walmart.
I wonder if his insiders are the voices in his head or his reflection in the mirror
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #70
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
As a bird owner the smaller they are the more evil they get. I have 3 parakeets and every morning they sit in a circle and chat like they are having an important meeting. I know they are plotting against me. One likes to fart in my face as he dive bombs me.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #71
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
As a bird owner the smaller they are the more evil they get. I have 3 parakeets and every morning they sit in a circle and chat like they are having an important meeting. I know they are plotting against me. One likes to fart in my face as he dive bombs me.
Canaries are softbills, parakeets are not. Both are dinosaurs and both are safer to the owner than a sabertooth tiger would be.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I watch some of the Goodereader reviews and they are fairly thorough but they get a lot of stuff wrong. I've seen them refer to e-ink readers backlight more than once, for example. Reviewers just have to know better than that. Over half of their reviews have at least one little mistake. Watch the other reviewers reviews and you'll catch a mistake now and then but not often.

Yes I find their reviews useful but I have a tech background and I can usually spot their wrong information and benefit from what they get right. A lot of people can't.

Watch them long enough and you'll see the problems, too. They do some good things but they're often wrong and they're pretty dishonest. The problem is that I can't give you a lot of examples because I don't follow them. I focus on the more honest blogs and just watch some of their reviews. But I do read their blog from time to time and I've been shocked by their tactics more than once.

By the way, if you're going to read Goodereader read The Digital Reader and the Ebook Reader as well and watch how often Goodereader copies those two blogs stories the next day.

Someone mentioned they even copied an April Fools joke, reporting it as fact. I have vague memories of that but I don't really recall the details. It's the sort of stuff they do.

Also when you read the other blogs and you see one have a story and the other have the same story the next day, watch how they tell where they got their information, giving the other blogs credit. That's standard procedure; something honest people do. Goodereader doesn't.

You're entitled to love and defend them if you want to. But you might want to pay attention and see how much of the criticism is true.

Barry
I find every single review BadEReader does that includes a Kobo Reader to be awful. They have no idea what they are doing and they do it so very badly.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:54 PM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Barry
I thought tweety brids attracted Sylvester cats.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #74
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
That got me thinking of all the people I've known who have cats and I don't think any were named Sylvester. That's kind of amazing.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #75
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
That got me thinking of all the people I've known who have cats and I don't think any were named Sylvester. That's kind of amazing.

Barry
Do you know anyone with a bird called Tweety Pie?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote