Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
olliebean
olliebean began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
News in book format, not periodical

I don't know if this is possible with Calibre, or if this is the right place to ask about it, but I'm trying to create an eBook from an RSS feed. Calibre does a fine job of converting the feed into a periodical, but I really want it in standard book format, i.e., with each article made into a chapter, so at the bottom of the page my Kindle can show time remaining and overall percentage progress, instead of a progress bar for just the current article with no time remaining display. Is there any way of doing this?
olliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
download it in epub format and convert to azw3, that will IIRC prevent it from using periodical formatting, as azw3 does not support periodical formatting at all.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
olliebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
download it in epub format and convert to azw3, that will IIRC prevent it from using periodical formatting, as azw3 does not support periodical formatting at all.
OK, I've tried that, but it's not showing up in my Paperwhite's library. It's on the device, and appears to be indexed - text from within the book shows up in searches, but the book itself doesn't. At a loss as to what the problem might be.

Is there no way of getting a Mobi format non-periodical eBook from an RSS feed?
Old 12-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #4
olliebean

Made it work by taking the original downloaded mobi periodical and converting that to azw3. The epub-azw3 conversion must have had something in it that my Kindle didn't like. Thanks for the tip of converting to azw3, anyway - that was the key to it, after all.