Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
quek
Enthusiast
quek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS500, Iliad
Photos from medical journals

Hi Ray

Here are the photos as requested by you. Go get your Iliad now!!! I took the photos with fbshot program provided by Wallcraft.

Best regards
Quek

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-17-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: asnr material removed due to copyright
quek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
quek
Enthusiast
quek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enoughquek will become famous soon enough

More photos.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-17-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: asnr material removed due to copyright
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
quek
Enthusiast

Hi Ray

Just a minor point for you to take note. If you do decide to do the purchase, your new Iliad should not have any ghosting and your battery life should be well over 14hrs if you are only using it for reading and usage of touchpad is minimal(only for selecting books, zooming, etc). There were some forum comments from new owners that their batteries lasted for less than 10hrs. This is not acceptable. If you do find yourself in such a situation, return the Iliad for a new one.

Mine has absolutely no ghosting and the battery actually lasts for about 14hrs. I usually only read for about 25mins when I am commuting and so I only need to recharge about once a week. Not too troublesome.

Best regards
Quek
Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hey quek, maybe you should at least publish one "real" photo.
Screenshots are ok, but photos taken with a camera show more of that how pdf files are looking on screen in real life.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
quek
Enthusiast

Hi Yokos

You are right. Here are the photos.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-17-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: asnr material removed due to copyright
Old 11-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #6
readmore
readmore began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungsten tx
Wow! Now where did I leave my wallet....

Thanks!
-Ray
readmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
dodowolf
dodowolf began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Ah ha.. The new version finally added a nice logo bit onto the top right button. I have countless no. of people pressing that button when I show them my device, they were like: "So this is to shut down the device ha~".
dodowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
dafreeeman
dafreeeman began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
what pdf browser do you use?

What pdf browser do you use to obtain that journal look, and how did you install it if it was not stock.
Thanks
dafreeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
quek
Enthusiast

Hi dafreeeman

Are you referring to the screenshots? Not very sure what you meant by "journal look". Those were taken with fbshot program. Installation of this program is very easy, simply download it and then copy the entire program folder to your SD or CF card. I only use the original Ipdf that comes with the Iliad, not the community version of Ipdf.

Best regards
Quek
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
kehalm
kehalm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please Remove Material

Quek,

You have posted material copyrighted by the American Society of Neuroradiology without our permission. Please remove all images taken from the American Journal of Neuroradiology and do not post any in the future on this or any other site. The Webmaster has been notified that you have violated U.S. copyright law.
kehalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I guess nobody has ever heard of fair use.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote