Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #616
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm.. Ixtab would know more but in essence this "Kindle Jailbreak" is a patched version of one the jars.

5.3.5 huh... should be supported.
So you have ssh access to the device?

We could CHECK the jar is being updated I guess then
I uninstalled the Kindlet-Jailbreak and then REinstalled it and Bingo it worked.
Thanks for your reply tho.... when in doubt chop it out (I guess).
Happy Camper Paulie

Uh-Oh...
My PW just did an automatic update to 5.3.6 so my CollectionMgr is giving me that need to install KindletJailbreak message again. I will revert back to 5.3.5, reinstall the KindletJB and turn off wifi.
Is there a way to STOP the automatic updating?

Last edited by nypaulie; 08-20-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: another problem just appeared!
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #617
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
Uh-Oh...
My PW just did an automatic update to 5.3.6 so my CollectionMgr is giving me that need to install KindletJailbreak message again. I will revert back to 5.3.5, reinstall the KindletJB and turn off wifi.
Is there a way to STOP the automatic updating?
Several -

Try the KUAL Backdoor Lock set of buttons as the most certain.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #618
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Nice. Do me a favour and put a space in your devices list

It's mangling the layout
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #619
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Several -

Try the KUAL Backdoor Lock set of buttons as the most certain.
Just installed:
Kual Launcher
Kual.firewall
Kual.backdoorlock
THANKS!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #620
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Nice. Do me a favour and put a space in your devices list

It's mangling the layout
Sorry!

Last edited by nypaulie; 08-22-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #621
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
HERO!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #622
b00lean
b00lean began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
Hi All,
Is there possibility to create collections by folders only (without authors as subcollections)? I think it will speedup automatic collections by path creation (no needs to extract authors) and will reflect actual folders structure.
b00lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:28 AM   #623
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I suppose you are talking about the "create collections from folders" functionality, so: yes. CM doesn't care how you organize your folders, it simply "mirrors" the folder hierarchy to a collection hierarchy.

In other words: you already have the folder hierarchy containing a folder for each author. You have to configure whatever software did that to leave out this intermediate folder. I suppose it was calibre (which does that by default, I think). I'm not an expert with calibre, but I'm sure that this behavior is configurable. So check your calibre settings...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #624
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
(a bit) whimsical question - Is there a way to force a collection to be my home screen - with or without CM?
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #625
donytown
donytown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
OH, my hero!! Now that the 5.3.8 is out, Could help make it work in the new firmware?
I guess there won't be too many differeneces between two versions~~
Thanks for your WORK!!
donytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #626
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by donytown View Post
OH, my hero!! Now that the 5.3.8 is out, Could help make it work in the new firmware?
Thanks for your WORK!!
The Kindle's Java libraries are completely re-obfuscated with each release.
That means that the work has to be completely re-done.
Which may or may not take months, and is not going to happen just hours after the release.

And at 164Mbytes - that is a complete image, not an "incremental" as posted elsewhere here at Mobileread.

Plus - according to your info block, you only own a Kindle DX.

Last edited by knc1; 09-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #627
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donytown View Post
Thanks for your WORK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The Kindle's Java libraries are completely re-obfuscated with each release.
That means that the work has to be completely re-done.
Which may or may not take months, and is not going to happen just hours after the release.
It's not all that bad for Collections Manager (yet?). Unlike JBPatch, for which the above statement is essentially true, because I had to analyze the bytecode again and again, as JBPatch changes the implementation... CM only uses a few built-in classes, whose class names stay relatively stable (this new upgrade brought one more class rename than the previous ones did, and a few other unpleasant changes). But the actual implementation (=bytecode instructions) of the collections doesn't seem to change anymore, only the method names do. So once you got the hang of it, it's a relatively quick thing to do. It still is some work, but it's more like 2 or 3 hours, instead of -- literally -- days or weeks, as it was for JBPatch.

That said, I've invested those 3 hours, and a CM version supporting FW 5.3.8 is ready. I'll "officially" post it here in a few minutes, I just have to commit the changes, update the first post, etc. Hang on.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #628
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.4.1

Version 2.4.1 is now available for download from the first post.

Changes:
  • Supports Kindle Paperwhite Firmware 5.3.8.
  • Cosmetic fixes: all checkboxes should now be correctly vertically aligned.

Enjoy!

And... as always - please report any bugs that you may find in this thread.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #629
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxStirner View Post
(a bit) whimsical question - Is there a way to force a collection to be my home screen - with or without CM?
Generally: no.

You could get relatively close by stuffing everything away into nested collections, and creating a single "This is my home screen" collection, which would be the only collection that is left visible, and would contain everything else.

Then, your home screen would consist of a single item "This is my home screen" - but you'd still have to select that one to enable it.

The Amazon FW was never designed to work the way that you want it, so this is the only workaround that I can imagine.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #630
donytown
donytown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Version 2.4.1 is now available for download from the first post.

Changes:
  • Supports Kindle Paperwhite Firmware 5.3.8.
  • Cosmetic fixes: all checkboxes should now be correctly vertically aligned.

Enjoy!

And... as always - please report any bugs that you may find in this thread.
You are amazingly fast! Thank you very much!!!
donytown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks