Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-02-2021, 06:05 AM   #1
North_Wind
North_Wind began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Win10 (x64)
Post Question about page switching mode

I need it to show the next pair of pages. For example, after flipping to page 2, I saw pages 3-4, not 2-3. How can this be done?
North_Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:30 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you using Calibres VIEWER (2 up mode)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2021, 11:51 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Press page down
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:35 PM   #4
North_Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Press page down
Thank you very much, sir. I seem to have forgotten about this feature. So, I'm a little embarrassed. That was probably a really stupid question, huh. But anyway, I appreciate it.

I want to take this opportunity to ask, how can I turn the page display on and off?
Old 09-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the viewer preferences under page layout.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2021, 07:10 AM   #6
North_Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Look in the viewer preferences under page layout.
Well, I looked in that settings section, but I don't see anything responsible for that. Am I misunderstanding something?

Screenshot - https://ibb.co/LRcSctX
Old 09-03-2021, 10:15 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Wind View Post
Well, I looked in that settings section, but I don't see anything responsible for that. Am I misunderstanding something?

Screenshot - https://ibb.co/LRcSctX
Paged mode vs flow mode (AKA just Scroll)
Paged mode also has settings for screen orientation (if it can change)
Old 09-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #8
North_Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Paged mode vs flow mode (AKA just Scroll)
Paged mode also has settings for screen orientation (if it can change)
I meant displaying the page number somewhere at the bottom. Since all I see now is the number of the book's reading progress, presented as a percentage.

I need to see the pages numbers.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:28 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I meant displaying the page number somewhere at the bottom. Since all I see now is the number of the book's reading progress, presented as a percentage.

There are NO pages in EPUB. It is reflowable so if I make the font BIG it takes more Screen Fulls to show the content. If I make the font tiny, I might fit it on 1 screen
Old 09-03-2021, 10:13 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

As @theducks said, there are no page numbers in ebooks. Or at least they don't have a fixed definition. There is a lot of discussion about this in this forum.

But, you can change how the position in the book is displayed. This is on the "Headers and footers" page of the preferences. You might find a display that fits you better than the percentage.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:01 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Curious: What is the Controls footer?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:31 AM   #12
North_Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As @theducks said, there are no page numbers in ebooks. Or at least they don't have a fixed definition. There is a lot of discussion about this in this forum.

But, you can change how the position in the book is displayed. This is on the "Headers and footers" page of the preferences. You might find a display that fits you better than the percentage.
Okay, thank you, guys!

And special thanks to @kovidgoyal for a great program with flexible settings.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:17 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Curious: What is the Controls footer?
It is displayed when you right-click and show the controls.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:32 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is displayed when you right-click and show the controls.
tks

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote