Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
silsurf
silsurf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Cannot get Fire to show up on new iMac

I been trying to get my Kindle Fire to show up on my new iMac running Big Sur and Calibre. I followed the comments and ideas on a thread here and assume it was a cable issue. I have had difficulty with some USB devices mounting. I bought an Amazon basics Amazon Basics Fast Charging USB-C2.0 to Micro-B Cable but still the unit does not show up in Calibre. It is charging and says it is in USB mode, but have yet to get Calibre to see it.

Any thoughts on continued trouble shooting would be appreciate.

THanks
silsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:33 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
After connecting the device do you set the Fire to MTP mode? You need to do that every time you connect.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2021, 07:15 PM   #3
silsurf

I cannot find the any of the following settings?

Device Options
Internet
USB

I have been through all the options, totally odd, I have set the device to MTB before, but just not recently, the settings options are:

Wireless and Bluetooth
Storage
Power
Apps and Games
Display
Alexa
Device Options
My Account
Profiles and Family Library
Parental Controls
Security and Privacy
Sound and Notifications
Keyboard and Language
Sync Device
Help
Accessibility
Legal and Compliance
Old 11-11-2021, 07:43 PM   #4
silsurf

The only way to see the MTP mode toggle is to tap on the USB icon in the upper left corner of the screen once a USB device is plugged in. The mode is selected to MTP, but the kindle still does not show up in Calibre? There is also a triangle witha a "!" in the upper left corner and when I tap that a dialog box says:

"USB Compatibility
Some computers require a free file transfer utility yo copy files between the computer and your Fire. If you need this utility go to kindle.com/support/downloads..."

If I navigate to this address, there is just an Amazon search bar and support files, no specific software. I am assuming Calibre is the software in question, but the Fire still does not show up as it used to.

Tags
imac, macos, usb