Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2021, 04:58 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Is there an easier way to import paired epub and mobi versions?

So far, I'm only aware of 2 options:

1. Import one format, then manually add the other.

2. Import both formats, then manually merge the appropriate book records.

I can't find anything about importing them in the manual. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:03 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Preferences > Adding Books > Adding Actions > Auto-merge added books if they already exist
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
So far, I'm only aware of 2 options:

1. Import one format, then manually add the other.

2. Import both formats, then manually merge the appropriate book records.

I can't find anything about importing them in the manual. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/
If both formats are in the same folder :

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-16 074056.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	186634

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-16 074132.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	186635

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:59 PM   #4
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Thanks.

1. I list the distributors and publishers in the metadata. I don't want to merge different versions, because that would screw up the metadata, just different formats of the same version.

1 workaround. Using the same-folder setting would probably help.

2. I have trouble navigating from Calibre to the different folders, I much prefer to navigate in the Finder, select the books, and Open With > Calibre.

2 workaround. Navigating in the Finder, then moving the books to a transfer or auto-import folder should work.

P.S. I can't find the setting for multi-file books shown above, or a setting to move files to another folder to avoid deletion during auto-import.

A possible workaround is to give up on auto-import, but keep a consistent transfer folder for these imports.

Last edited by MarjaE; 04-15-2021 at 07:49 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

2. I have trouble navigating from Calibre to the different folders, I much prefer to navigate in the Finder, select the books, and Open With > Calibre.
- me too, I get the same result with File Explorer->Send To.

Quote:

A possible workaround is to give up on auto-import, but keep a consistent transfer folder for these imports.
I gave up on autoadd because I had too many cases where I needed to adjust Preferences.

I would copy the mobi to the clipboard, add the epub from Finder as you do now, then and use calibre Add Books->Add files to selected book records from clipboard to paste the mobi into the just created book record -- the Alt+Shift+V in my prior screenshot is a custom shortcut.

If you had an epub, and a mobi and a txt, you could then copy the mobi and the txt to the clipboard, add the epub to create the book, paste the clipboard items into the just created book record.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
I might have to do some of the above as well in trying to organize my collections here and there in drives and folders.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, import