Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2021, 06:35 AM   #16
davidhcje
Connoisseur
davidhcje began at the beginning.

Device: android phone
Question

I found another 2 books with the same error. the book is stored in a local folder, not a cloud drive.

Moderator Notice
Deleted link to copyrighted works - See Guideline #8

here's the error code:
Quote:
calibre, version 5.17.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

calibre 5.17 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: BookFusion Plugin (0, 5, 3) && F_rating (3, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Goodreads_Rating (3, 1, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\actions\toc_edit.py", line 168, in check_for_completions
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Can anyone replicate this error or solve it?

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-21-2021 at 05:19 PM.
davidhcje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I downloaded one of your books and it appears to be a copyright book which should not be made publicly available.

Otherwise, the book has multiple errors including // in the stylesheet which appears to have been an effort to comment out text-align: justify lines and multiple other errors such as an alt="image" in the svg cover image wrapper, the cover being supplied by a cover.xml (it must be htm, html or xhtml).

Calibre's check popped up enought errors to choke the proverbial horse and epubcheck came up with even more.

I would suggest installing the epubcheck plugin for the calibre editor and correcting those errors before trying to edit the TOC.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #18
davidhcje
Connoisseur

Thanks. I removed all errors using your method, but no avail. I re-uploaded a cleaned version of that book, just debugging purpose. And I'll delete it later.

It seems from the error code that the related codes locate here: I don't know Python much though. Does anyone have any idea?

Last edited by davidhcje; 05-21-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:23 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhcje View Post
Thanks. I removed all errors using your method, but no avail. I re-uploaded a cleaned version of that book, just debugging purpose. And I'll delete it later.
I deleted it for you - please don't post links to works still under copyright in public forums.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm lost. I thought it had already been determined that One Drive and/or networked drives in general was the issue here.

Quote:
Great! I closed OneDrive temporarily, then edited the TOC and it worked.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-21-2021 at 06:04 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 06:19 PM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm lost. I thought it had already been determined that One Drive and/or networked drives in general was the issue here.
Could it be something to do with this ==>> https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...83cea13c04864f

I didn't realise it was a continuing thread.

Moderator Notice

@davidhcje - I've had to remove your links to copyright protected books twice - in the same thread!!

You're skating on thin ice.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Could it be something to do with this ==>> https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...83cea13c04864f
Could be. Not to mention I entirely missed where the OP mentioned the books were not stored on a cloud drive.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #23
davidhcje
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The problem is that turning off OneDrive doesn't solve this problem anymore.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:33 AM   #24
davidhcje
Connoisseur

Quote:
I deleted it for you - please don't post links to works still under copyright in public forums.

BR
Got it. Is it possible to send the link directly to the project developers individually?
Old 05-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://calibre-ebook.com/bugs and the info on making a bug report private

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The problem is that turning off OneDrive doesn't solve this problem anymore.
Yes. Sorry. I acknowledged my error in my previous post.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:06 AM   #27
davidhcje
Connoisseur

Quote:

I didn't realise it was a continuing thread.

@davidhcje - I've had to remove your links to copyright protected books twice - in the same thread!!

You're skating on thin ice.
BR
Thanks for your remind. I didn't read the guideline earlier. Now I know it.

Quote:
See https://calibre-ebook.com/bugs and the info on making a bug report private

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Got it. Thanks!

Tags
debugging, epub, toc error, valueerror