Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
scr212
scr212 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
Screen freezing in direct sunlight

The screen of my Glo freezes over a period of time when reading in bright sunlight. To correct this I need to do a manual reset every time it occurs. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if so, were you able to correct it. I'm currently running version 3.3. Thanks!
scr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes it Happened to my Glo as well.

I ventured outside to enjoy a short sunning and after a few minutes of direct sunlight the screen froze, went 'ghastly' white, hardware reset recovered it. The manufacturers are Canadian ?, perhaps that explains the lack of sunlight testing.

Note to users who like to read outdoors on a sunny day, get two hats for outside reading, or a huge sombrero.

Last edited by leftright; 07-31-2014 at 12:01 AM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert