Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #61
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Just FYI, people from the Balkans find this term pretty offensive.
No offense was intended. However, if I had to figure out which words were offensive in every part of the world, I would never be able to write anything. The term balkanization was used and is used by all the major news agencies, analysts, politicians, etc. to refer to a fragmentation. If it's good enough for them, I don't see why I can't use the term. Being overly "politically correct" stifles the free exchange of ideas.

BTW, I know some words in Spanish that are acceptable in Mexico, but are considered obscene in Spain. Should I not use those words when speaking to someone from Mexico?

Last edited by jgray; 08-03-2009 at 01:07 PM.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #62
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I just wanted to point out to people who are not following the IDPF issue tracker that dictionary support seems to be going places. This is slowly restoring my confidence in the IDPF. We really need dictionary support.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #63
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
I use the dictionary all the time on my Cybook. Still, I wish it were touchscreen, like my EB1150. MUCH easier. Guess we still can't have it all...

I won't go with the Cybook epub firmware until there is dictionary support.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, epub, formats, standards