Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-15-2021, 08:43 AM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Android 9 firmware v3.1

I forgot to save the firmware before upgrading, so it's gone. The download page for the Note series does give a change log for android 9. However, there is only one link.

Did anyone save a backup for Android 9 firmware v3.1 and are they willing to share?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
The NotePro Android 9 firmware can found the url in this API call

Last edited by winstonma; 10-17-2021 at 10:11 PM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:03 AM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonma View Post
The NotePro Android 9 firmware can found the url in this API call
Thanks!

Just for curiosity's sake: How did you generate the call?
Old 10-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #4
Markismus
Guru

I've adapted your script to run for Android 9 with these changes:
Code:
# Define your
DEVICE_NAME="NotePro"
SUBMODEL=""
FINGERPRINT="Onyx/NotePro/NotePro:9"
# http://data.onyx-international.cn/api/firmware/update?where={"buildNumber":0,"buildType":"user","deviceMAC":"","fingerprint":"Onyx/NotePro/NotePro:9","fwType":"release","lang":"en_US","model":"NotePro"}
# Download the latest image
urlParam='where={"buildNumber":0,"buildType":"user","deviceMAC":"","lang":"en_US","model":"'${DEVICE_NAME}'","submodel":"'${SUBMODEL}'","fingerprint":"'${FINGERPRINT}'"}'
Old 10-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #5
Markismus
Guru

So I've been using it a few days now and a few things strike me as odd:
- When I am making notes and used the ball>all running programs>NeoReader>ball>all running programs>Notes, I find that my writing starts out blurry and clears up after a (partial) refresh.
- When I am turning pages, most of the times instead of turning the page, I end up with a selected paragraph or word.
- The battery drains very fast and seems connected to the notes app. (Google + geolocation off.)
- The point of the pen and the dot on the screen are slightly off by a millimeter or more. This happened also in the beginning (firmware 2.1 to 2.3 or something), so it could be that I just have to recalibrate until I am happy enough..

Anyone have the same issues? Anyone has a solution for some of them?
Old 11-29-2021, 04:16 AM   #6
Markismus
Guru

I send some of the above as feedback to Onyx Boox and a day later Ray from onyx_international send me a link to a newer 3.1 firmware. The old one was from the 20th of May (2021-05-20_10-53_3.1_f1d2ad8) the new one from the 8th of August (2021-08-10_14-27_3.1_959a7b6).
Still testing, but it seems more responsive to taps and the lines are still slightly blurred and then sharpening, but not blocky anymore.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-29-2021 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #7
arrivedercifrog
arrivedercifrog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 ,Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I send some of the above as feedback to Onyx Boox and a day later Ray from onyx_international send me a link to a newer 3.1 firmware. The old one was from the 20th of May (2021-05-20_10-53_3.1_f1d2ad8) the new one from the 8th of August (2021-08-10_14-27_3.1_959a7b6).
Still testing, but it seems more responsive to taps and the lines are still slightly blurred and then sharpening, but not blocky anymore.
Hi,
I was wondering if you could share the link? I also have note pro on android 9 with battery issues after update to android 9
arrivedercifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:17 PM   #8
Markismus
Guru

@GoodbyeFrog I've send you a pm.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #9
arrivedercifrog

Quote:
@GoodbyeFrog I've send you a pm.
Thanks a lot!
I updated. feels a little more ghosty. oh well, lets see how it does.
if I don't like it I can flash and start again in the worst case scenerio
Old 12-05-2021, 03:00 AM   #10
Markismus
Guru

Or you could adjust the refresh interval. Could it be that you tweaked it previously?
Old 12-09-2021, 04:01 AM   #11
arrivedercifrog

Quote:
Or you could adjust the refresh interval. Could it be that you tweaked it previously?
nope. its a problem caused by software. uses too much RAM on my device for some reason.
I'm waiting for v3.2 instead of risking anything. they said they will update note pro to 3.2 as well