Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Manually updating the Glowlight Plus

I just found my wife's old Glowlight Plus. charged it and tried to do a software update. It said there was a software update available, but the download has been sitting at 0%.

Is there a way to sideload the update, or do I have to download it?

This thing has been off for a while (possibly 2 years) and I am worried that it may not be able to download the update due to server-side changes.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:10 PM   #2
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Just to clarify, this is the 2015 Glowlight Plus, not the 2019 larger size nook.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:16 PM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist

You all can ignore me now. It just popped a screen up that it successfully updated.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:15 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
You all can ignore me now. It just popped a screen up that it successfully updated.
I know it doesn't do any good after the fact, but that's what happened to me as well when I first updated my used Glowlight Plus. it's like the Nook upgrade server is not always working properly.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote