Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2020, 06:00 AM   #121
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I this will be really interesting for e-ink laptops: https://www.e-ink-info.com/e-ink-devices/e-ink-laptops
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:05 PM   #122
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
How do I do this with Mini? Take SD card out and load image, and that's it? Wouldnt that get rid of nickel? Then how is there a dual boot???
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:29 PM   #123
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And do I need a bigger SD card?
Old 09-05-2020, 10:44 PM   #124
Elektron
Banned

Pls help D:. I bought a used Mini for this then when I was preparing it, there were 3 images! What?!
Old 06-11-2021, 02:47 PM   #125
rossenb0ssen
rossenb0ssen began at the beginning.

Device: n905
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqu4le View Post
Hi everybody,

just passing by to say that thanks to marek I too have turned my kobo into a linux tablet.

I have been using it for more or less a month and in the meanwhile I edited the original image.

Mostly fixes (e.g. the blinking led) and customization (e.g screen/scripts/vertical orientation), but more importantly I made a new window manager, mostly because I was not pleased in one way or another with any one I tried.

If anyone is interested I put the source on a github page, and the full image on dropbox.

Good reading!
Hi there!

How I could simply turn the screen when in tablet mode?

(I would like to use one such device for a digital map)
rossenb0ssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 01:06 PM   #126
friha
friha began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
kobowm.img on Tolino Shine

Hi everybody,

has anyone used this image on Tolino Shine, i.e. Kobo Glo?
As I understand we should adjust the screen size to 758x1024 already in boot phase.
Can someone give me an advice where to change bytes in the boot sector for kobowm.img image file? On a first glance, the system seems to work from start , very nice, but the screen size has to be corrected.

Thanks in advance, friha
friha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eink autoupdate, kobo, linux, source code, x11