Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 04:29 AM   #1
dreetjereader
dreetjereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 6" 2017
Kindle voyage 2017 blocked by update

Hi everybody,

I have the feeling that i'm close to a solution but need your help now.
My kindle is like a lot of you i read on this forum blocked since it decided to update his software on itself, now i have the message in french:
Le logiciel de votre Kindle est en cours de mise à jour. Cette opération peut prendre quelques minutes.
Traduced in English i suppos it is like:
The software of your kindle is being updated. This operation can take several minutes....

Since then the progression bar continues until 1/5th and then everything stops.
40 Seconds reset - not works
Charging whole night and then reste - not works
USB connexion to the computer - no result and can't see the Kindle in my windows.

My Kindle is a Kindel Voyage Wifi (not jailbroken at all)
My windows is Windows 10 Family.

Now i opened the kindle and disconnected the battery to try if this is a solution - it isn't.

Then i disconnected some connectors on the motherboard of my kindle.
See attached picture:

Then in Windows the disk appears in the device manager see attached picture:

So Windows sees the disk but can't acces it.
The only thing is how to get a solution to acces this "almost" accessable disk.

And FROM HERE i need you technical people, some second Liesbeht Salander ....

What can i do to try to acces this disk to put a non corrupt update downloaded from the amazon site on the disk and restart the kindle .

Thanks!!!
André
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rps20191009_101333_894 (1).jpg
Views:	383
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	174076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle 2.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	174077  
dreetjereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
dreetjereader
dreetjereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 6" 2017
I'm searching again for a solution, nobody can help me on this one?
dreetjereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreetjereader View Post
I'm searching again for a solution, nobody can help me on this one?
Afraid not, since you have not got any response.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
You likely would have had more replies if you posted in the technical (developer's) subforum.

First and foremost is your Voyage still working normally? Can you read books and open menus? If it is not working normally, describe what you see on screen and what does the power light do when you go to turn it on?

If your Kindle is still working normally, then the first thing to try is a different USB cable, preferably one that you can verify first hand works with a data connection to a phone, another Kindle or some other USB device. Your current cable may not fit the connector on your Voyage securely, might be damaged or might be a charging only (non-data) cable. If a known good cable doesn't help, then try connecting to a different USB port and preferably different computer as well

With a known good cable, connecting to windows 10 would normally be easy and you would see Kindle files in windows explorer.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Disconnecting connections on the motherboard was not a good thing to try, unless you knew exactly what you are doing.
Your Kindle is now like humpty dumpty. Time to buy a new one and this time leave the cover on !
Probably a firmware update failed. It might have been fixable before you started cutting wires....
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Get it back to its initial state. Put the case back on, and call Amazon.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #7
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Maybe a mod could move this to the Developer's subforum.

Failing that, you might be able to use this kindle as a trade-in for a new one. I'm inclined to agree that this was perhaps fixable before you took the back off.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, unaccessible, update, voyage