Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
frmniantic
frmniantic began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro, Nook
Help with MAC, Calibre, & Firmware Update

Hi Everyone!

So I got my Pocket Pro back in May (bought it for myself for mother's day), and have been reading this forum - what awesome people! I also downloaded Calibre and started loading books into it - even library books!. So this evening I am ready to play with my new Pocket Pro and downloaded the latest firmware. Here's my problem - I am using a MAC and whenever I "click" on the firmware to either unzip it or move it to my SD card Calibre automatically starts and imports the file into my library. I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to turn off this "automatic" function. I could really use some advice here. I am fairly new to the MAC, (have been a PC person for too many years to say out loud) so be gentle.

Thank you so much!
Susan
frmniantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Right Click on File and click on Get Info
Change defaults to program that you want to use
click on change all....
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile Welcome to our forum, Susan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmniantic View Post
Hi Everyone!

So I got my Pocket Pro back in May (bought it for myself for mother's day), and have been reading this forum - what awesome people! I also downloaded Calibre and started loading books into it - even library books!. So this evening I am ready to play with my new Pocket Pro and downloaded the latest firmware. Here's my problem - I am using a MAC and whenever I "click" on the firmware to either unzip it or move it to my SD card Calibre automatically starts and imports the file into my library. I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to turn off this "automatic" function. I could really use some advice here. I am fairly new to the MAC, (have been a PC person for too many years to say out loud) so be gentle.

Thank you so much!
Susan
Dear Susan:

I cannot help on Calibre; but hope Kang and others can help. We just purchased a few new MACs here so tech support can better understand the problems that can pop up.

I want to welcome you to the forum as I work for Astak. Please make sure you do read the FAQ sheet on:www.theEZreader.com under "support". The User Manual is written months before the Pocket PRO came out and is never updated. The FAQ sheet is updated monthly and is filled with helpful info.

Please charge your device every time the battery charge life meter shows a little less than 1/2 charge remaining. The User Manual said to drain the battery a few times. You do not need to do that at all; and recharging for 10-12 hours when it gets just below 1/2 charge is optimum!

Please keep posting! We are happy you are here!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote