Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
weird issue with new FBreader

So I installed the FB reader in the other thread as specified in number 1. I didn't really feel like I needed to keep the old one so I just replaced it. Poof, it's gone. I hadn't changed the extensions config at this point.

FBReader launched but I'm having a really hard time being convienced that this is the new version. I didn't play with the original one too long but the only preferences I can get to are very basic ones when pressing the square button and selecting settings. I have only one page of settings there, and I don't see anything about the cool features like wrist flip, etc.

I decided to then install the extensions config file and rename the fbreader I had to fbreader180 since I was lazy. I was also too lazy to take out the original "fbreader" in that list. When I went to open a book with the fbreader180 (the only reader I have) I get:

"Cannot start program"

Ok...I have a file called fbreader180.app in bin so I don't know what's going on. But here's what's even WEIRDER. If I select the normal "fbreader.app" entry in open with, that old seeming version of FBreader launches!! If this is based on name something weird is going on since I don't have any fbreader.app anymore.

Could this be a firmware thing? I have 15.4 on my device which I can't find anywhere online. Also in my manual, the instructions for a hard reset don't work (holding down the right and left buttons?). I'd like to try resetting and leave the old fbreader around this time.

Edit: I tried to install CoolReader as well and I get the same "Cannot start" even though the right things are in the config file and the app file is in bin.

Last edited by Oldskool360; 07-11-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: more information
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
Nevermind, solved it with the help of this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133779

I needed to use the other version of the file. That happened to be the case with CoolReader too
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert