Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Awfki
Awfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Moon+ Reader (ePub)
Question Multiple Fonts in Moon+ Reader Pro

I'm reading a book about programming and while I prefer most of the text in a proportional font I would like the programming bits in a monospace font.

Can I do that?

The epub does have the style info as it looks fine in Calibre but Moon+ seems to select one font and ignore the style in the file.

Later... I tried setting the font to monospace font and now the text is monospace but the programming examples are still a proportional font so it looks like this is Moon+ not handling the styles correctly.

Last edited by Awfki; 07-01-2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: new developments
Awfki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hi Awfki,
Are you looked in the options / miscellaneous, maybe css styles is disabled?
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Moon+ is one of those apps that ignores the CSS somewhat.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
...but the author is very responsive. if you use the built in report bug option, that also sends him the book or a screen grab the page you are on so you can show the issue
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #5
Awfki
Awfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and graceAwfki herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
Are you looked in the options / miscellaneous, maybe css styles is disabled?
Thank you.

I must have looked right at that and not registered it as the "disable CSS" box was checked.

I turned it off and it looks better but still not monospace font on the code examples.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #6
Awfki

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
...but the author is very responsive. if you use the built in report bug option, that also sends him the book or a screen grab the page you are on so you can show the issue
I didn't know about that option, possibly because it's under Share so I'd never looked there.

Thank you, I've sent a bug report and am awaiting his response.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I think the app looks in sdcard/fonts for extra fonts, you may have to give it the monospace font if not embedded
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, moon +, style