Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #1456
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_k View Post
Red Adam's Lady by Grace Ingram is $0.99 at Amazon and Kobo. The trade paperbacks cost more than $10 so this is a very good price.

It's a historical romance/historical fiction republished by Chicago Review Press under their Rediscovered Classics line. Dear Author gave it a good review iirc.

Amazon US

Kobo
Thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Adams-L...dp/B072BMP3GH/

https://www.amazon.ca/Red-Adams-Lady...dp/B072BMP3GH/

"Grace Ingram was the pseudonym of Doris Sutcliffe Adams (1920–2015). She wrote six novels: Desert Leopard, Price of Blood, Power of Darkness, and No Man’s Son under her own name, and Red Adam’s Lady (1973) and Gilded Spurs(1978) under the name Grace Ingram."
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:41 PM   #1457
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_k View Post
Red Adam's Lady by Grace Ingram is $0.99 at Amazon and Kobo. The trade paperbacks cost more than $10 so this is a very good price.

It's a historical romance/historical fiction republished by Chicago Review Press under their Rediscovered Classics line. Dear Author gave it a good review iirc.

Amazon US

Kobo
Medieval romance, read the blurb....saw this sentence: "And the love story in it is an unusual one, since Julitta won't let Adam get closer than the length of her stiletto." Did they wear stilettos in the 12th Century?!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #1458
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
It probably means the dagger. Wikipedia says it dates to 15th century and comes from Italy.

Otherwise, I'd say time travel.

I guess both options are time travel if its set in the 12th.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #1459
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
It probably means the dagger. Wikipedia says it dates to 15th century and comes from Italy.

Otherwise, I'd say time travel.

I guess both options are time travel if its set in the 12th.
Dear god, I didn't even think of the weapon!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:32 AM   #1460
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free from Sarina Bowen

Bittersweet - Book 1 in the True North series. I loved this book and the whole series.

Spoiler:
The last person Griffin Shipley expects to find stuck in a ditch on his Vermont country road is his ex-hookup. Five years ago they’d shared a couple of steamy nights together. But that was a lifetime ago.

At twenty-seven, Griff is now the accidental patriarch of his family farm. Even his enormous shoulders feel the strain of supporting his mother, three siblings and a dotty grandfather. He doesn’t have time for the sorority girl who’s shown up expecting to buy his harvest at half price.

Vermont was never in Audrey Kidder’s travel plans. Neither was Griff Shipley. But she needs a second chance with the restaurant conglomerate employing her. Okay—a fifth chance. And no self-righteous lumbersexual farmer will stand in her way.

They’re adversaries. They want entirely different things from life. Too bad their sexual chemistry is as hot as Audrey’s top secret enchilada sauce, and then some.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2018, 02:28 AM   #1461
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks it was on my wishlist.

Today is the hardest day of my life. I bury my sister today. Any comfort reads you can recommend? I need to destress this coming week.

I'm exhausted, I never knew a human body could feel this way. It's fallen on me to do everything. Funeral, burial, fundraiser, potluck. I've been going for seven days straight on little to no sleep. I feel like I have a fever and my legs feel like heavy weights. I just want to rest and I'll do that tomorrow but I have to get through today. Then in the coming week I have to start the process of finding mom a safe place to live in her final days.

So if you lost one of the most important people in your life what would you read to escape?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 05-10-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:25 AM   #1462
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Blossom, first of all, I'm terrible sorry... and good uck with the next process.

About your question, all of us are different but, usually, I go to my favorite authors and books, that I know I'm going to be able to forget. In my case, JAK and Shelly Laurenston (I know they are not of your liking but I think the idea is the same).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:30 AM   #1463
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Dear god, I didn't even think of the weapon!
And it's just the blurb-writer, the word 'stiletto' isn't in the book's text - rather 'dagger' is used.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:37 AM   #1464
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
So sorry for you loss, Blossom.

For me in times like this, I would reread old favorites as I wouldn't be able to concentrate enough to read something new. Possibly I could read something new but it would have to be by one of my comfort authors (JAK for me as well, or Nora, Nalini, Shannon Stacey, and a few others) as I would need to 100% trust a HEA.

Be sure to take care of yourself as you cannot run on empty for long. Taking time for yourself isn't selfish, you need time to recharge, even if it is just a few hours here and there.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:35 AM   #1465
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
So sorry to hear about your sister, Blossom. I vote for one of your most favorite books you've read. A new book wouldn't stick with me very well at a time like this.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #1466
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh Blossom, I am so sorry to hear that about your sister! If you are up to sharing details, was there an accident? I'm sorry if that is rude to ask. You are younger than me so I assume she was, too. So sad to lose someone in the prime of their life!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #1467
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh Blossom, I am so sorry to hear that about your sister! If you are up to sharing details, was there an accident? I'm sorry if that is rude to ask. You are younger than me so I assume she was, too. So sad to lose someone in the prime of their life!
Not all it's always what I wonder too and people are always private with what happened.

She died of heart failure. It was horrible to listen to. She had just had stents put in but her heart was too weak to handle normal blood flow. She was doing so well then one night three days after her 51st birthday she developed pulmonary edema due to heart failure. The EMTs then later the doctors tried for an hour to bring her back. Worst night of my life.

Thanks everyone I'm off to the funeral.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #1468
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh my gosh I am so sorry and sad. How awful for her and all of you. (((Hugs)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Not all it's always what I wonder too and people are always private with what happened.

She died of heart failure. It was horrible to listen to. She had just had stents put in but her heart was too weak to handle normal blood flow. She was doing so well then one night three days after her 51st birthday she developed pulmonary edema due to heart failure. The EMTs then later the doctors tried for an hour to bring her back. Worst night of my life.

Thanks everyone I'm off to the funeral.

Sent from my XT1528
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #1469
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Blossom, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I find that I can't read at all when I'm too stressed and instead I end up endlessly playing Solitaire on my tablet. If you want to read, I'd recommend any humorous romances that you've previously read and loved because they will help you smile a bit and the plot won't require a lot of concentration.

We don't usually have the same taste in books, but for humorous romance, I'd recommend the Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott and Sustained by Emma Chase.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #1470
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Pretty Face is the second in this series. It is part of the Kobo US 60% off Mother's Day sale through May 14 - just use code MOM18 at checkout. It's officially $3.99, but when you use the coupon, it turns out to be just $1.60.

Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/pre...mEqeufXH2QtY_g

Spoiler:
Quote:
Highly acclaimed, award-winning author of Act Like It Lucy Parker returns readers to the London stage with laugh-out-loud wit and plenty of drama** **

***The play's the fling ***

It's not actress Lily Lamprey's fault that she's all curves and has the kind of voice that can fog up a camera lens. She wants to prove where her real talents lie-and that's not on a casting couch, thank you. When she hears esteemed director Luc Savage is renovating a legendary West End theater for a lofty new production, she knows it could be her chance-if only Luc wasn't so dictatorial, so bad-tempered and so incredibly sexy.

Luc Savage has respect, integrity and experience. He also has it bad for Lily. He'd be willing to dismiss it as a midlife crisis, but this exasperating, irresistible woman is actually a very talented actress. Unfortunately, their romance is not only raising questions about Lily's suddenly rising career, it's threatening Luc's professional reputation. The course of true love never did run smooth. But if they're not careful, it could bring down the curtain on both their careers…

This book is approximately 96,000 words

One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise*: all the romance you're looking for with an HEA/HFN. It's a promise!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Act Like It: A Slow-Burn Romance is the first in the London Celebrities series by Lucy Parker. Act has dropped to $0.99 at Kindle US, probably due to a new title in the series coming out at the end of the month. I don't tend to read a lot of contemporary romance, but this series somehow caught my eye, and I've quite enjoyed the two titles in the series so far.

link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z6YMLV6/
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote