Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 03:52 AM   #31
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a safe bet. It fits with the usual timing for Kobo's releases. I'd expect an official announcement either this week or next
Do you think it's the reason way the next firmware release is delayed, because of the new device?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:17 AM   #32
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I wouldn't mind a 5", but am hoping that the "Clara" will be a 6" HD equal or better that the glo HD, with an improved frontlight, AND an SD Card slot!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:02 AM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Are 5" 300 DPI screens available from eInk? Looking at their web site, I see a 5.17" screen, but it doesn't look like a 4:3 ratio.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:06 AM   #34
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Are 5" 300 DPI screens available from eInk? Looking at their web site, I see a 5.17" screen, but it doesn't look like a 4:3 ratio.
not at this time
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:40 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Do you think it's the reason way the next firmware release is delayed, because of the new device?
As much as I wish they had released an update to fix the stats, I'm not sure if there was any plan to release one earlier than now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Lighted 5" Mini - want
5" or 6" waterproof - want

Anything else - don't want.

Money to buy - don't have. So will be hoping it's not point 1 or 2 LOL
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #37
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
A 6" 300 dpi with comfort light pro may tempt me, but I am quite satisfied with my Glo HD.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #38
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
I have a Kobo Glo HD, I am very happy with it, but I'm looking for an upgrade. Clara HD has me intrigued. Can't wait to see the full specs/design!
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #39
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
...People haven't used non-lit ereaders since the 15th century.

Barry
So that's why they're called illuminated texts!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #40
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I wouldn't mind a 5", but am hoping that the "Clara" will be a 6" HD equal or better that the glo HD, with an improved frontlight, AND an SD Card slot!
I think you need to give up the SD card slot. Kobo seems to have done so. As long as there's +3GB of storage available, I can live without additional storage.

If it's a new 5" or 6" HD reader, I'll likely buy. Anything larger and I'm out.

If it's a new 5" or 6" HD reader with color changing light and it's waterproof? I'll probably have a heart attack. But I'll try to buy one first.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #41
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I wonder if the official announcement for the Clara the the start of the Walmart partnership will coincide?
I don't know how to say it without coming off like the snob I guess I am. But a nice, new HD reader doesn't seem to pair with a Walmart partnership. If anything, the Aura edition 2 (at a cheaper price) is what I would expect from a Walmart Reader.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #42
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
It's entirely possible they'll make their full line available at Walmart. I think that would be the smart thing to do. But I'm not a marketer so maybe not.

I think the only thing that would seriously tempt me is a 5" lighted ereader.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:28 PM   #43
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
It's entirely possible they'll make their full line available at Walmart. I think that would be the smart thing to do. But I'm not a marketer so maybe not.

I think the only thing that would seriously tempt me is a 5" lighted ereader.

Barry
If they greatly improved the PDF reader and quality control, I'd consider the 32 GB Aura One Limited.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:05 AM   #44
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think you need to give up the SD card slot. Kobo seems to have done so. As long as there's +3GB of storage available, I can live without additional storage.

If it's a new 5" or 6" HD reader, I'll likely buy. Anything larger and I'm out.

If it's a new 5" or 6" HD reader with color changing light and it's waterproof? I'll probably have a heart attack. But I'll try to buy one first.
If enough people ask for the SD card slot, perhaps they will listen!
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:26 AM   #45
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I don't know how to say it without coming off like the snob I guess I am. But a nice, new HD reader doesn't seem to pair with a Walmart partnership. If anything, the Aura edition 2 (at a cheaper price) is what I would expect from a Walmart Reader.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Walmart will be selling the whole Kobo line of devices. If not in the stores at least online.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote