Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
Valentinnn
Valentinnn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glow & Lenovo Tab 3
Post Problem on Calibre, Export Collections

Hello everyone,

I'm currently struggling and that since 1 week now, I try to make appeared my collections that I made on calibre in my kobo glow and my lenovo tab 3 . I have a lot of books and I've divided them in collections ( I took some time to did it but it worked), the actual problem is when I export the books on my Ereaders, they dont have the collections like I did it in Calibre ( so much time spent on it to have all my books sorted for nothing) I tried to change a lot of things on the software but OMG this Software can be really sophisticated and I'm lost

If someone can give me a hand on this, I will give you my eternall gratitude

thanks

Valentin
Valentinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have no idea how to do the collections for the Lenovo, but for the Kobo Glo (note: there is now "w"), start with this Wiki page.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Lenovo Tab 3 is just Android, right? What reader app do you use? Not sure how you set up your collections but on Moon Reader, I just filter by tag/subject.

Of course, make sure the metadata on the exported book is up to date by using either "Send to Device" or "Save to Disk" function instead of simply copying using Windows Explorer (or some other file manager). That or preprocessing the books with "Embed Metadata" or "Polish Book" so the Calibre library copy itself has updated metadata.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I use Calibre Companion App on my Android devices to manage my ebooks on my device. I have access to the same metadata, Series, Tags, Authors etc.. as I do in calibre and it works great for managing my books and launching to them to my ereader app. There is a forum on MobileRead dedicated to Calibre Companion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #5
Valentinnn
Valentinnn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glow & Lenovo Tab 3
Hello again everyone,

Thank you for your answers, I took all in considerations, I think the best way to answer my deand is to use "tags" I'm gonna selects my folders in calibre and assign the name of the categories as "tags", I'll use the tags to recreate collections on each of my devices, It will be long and tiresome but It will do the job

What I wanted its in the end not an easy thing to do.
I'm currently using moonreader pro on my Lenovo tab 3 who is on android. I'll try the calibre companion app .

Thanks again for you answers.

Sincerly,

Valentin.
Valentinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert