Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Downloading to wrong file location

Device: Samsung Android tablet running Calibre Companion

Calibre Companion Formats and Folders is set up such that downloads from Calibre go to this file location:
/storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/News/

However, they are actually downloading to:
/storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/News/News/

(yes, an additional /News folder inside.)

It's not causing any specific trouble but it shouldn't be doing that and perhaps some future revision will break this...?

Last edited by NSILMike; 04-19-2018 at 04:17 PM.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Are these actual news articles? If so then calibre automagically puts them in a "News" subfolder. CC respects this as long as you aren't using CC's file name templates. If you are using CC's templates then the articles should go to the "normal" place.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Thanks. I haven't changed the folder setup since I originally got CC. But this behavior started recently and now seems to happen almost daily.
The content is from various Calibre recipes such as the The New York Times, Associated Press, a few blogs (How To Geek, Engadget, etc.) and magazines (The Atlantic, National Geographic, etc.) Not all are downloading to the duped News folder inside the 'regular' news folder but I haven't kept track.
So, what do you recommend for this?
Should it be: /storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/News/
or should it be: /storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/ and let Calibre do it's "automagic" thing as you described it?
Old 04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Thanks. I haven't changed the folder setup since I originally got CC. But this behavior started recently and now seems to happen almost daily.
The content is from various Calibre recipes such as the The New York Times, Associated Press, a few blogs (How To Geek, Engadget, etc.) and magazines (The Atlantic, National Geographic, etc.) Not all are downloading to the duped News folder inside the 'regular' news folder but I haven't kept track.
So, what do you recommend for this?
Should it be: /storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/News/
or should it be: /storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/ and let Calibre do it's "automagic" thing as you described it?
Ummm ... that depends.

Recipes produce news articles (articles with the tag "News" attached). Like most device drivers, the wireless device driver puts these into a "News" subfolder. If you are using calibre templates
Quote:
CC / Settings / File Names:
- Use CC templates everywhere is not checked
- Use book ID as filename is not checked
then CC will put these files in a subfolder named "News" because that is what calibre tells it to do. However (1): if you use the content server or cloud connections then these news articles won't go into the "News" subfolder because the calibre side of these connections don't do the special processing. However (2), if you have checked "Use CC templates everywhere" then the CC template should win and the files will go where the CC template says.

Bottom line: I can't tell you which is better. Depends on what you want.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
NSILMike
Guru

Thanks. As long as they download both manually and automatically (at the preset time in CC) and I can read and delete them normally, it doesn't matter to me. I was worried that this indicated a glitch, but apparently not. Thanks for the quick replies!
Advert