Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 02:33 AM   #166
mfm-ca
Enthusiast
mfm-ca began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Once again, no banner for me. After hearing about a few people getting multiple $5 off redeems in a single week on their Google Play account, I've decided I am doing something wrong with my Google Play account.

At least Smashword's sale last week allowed me to pick up several eBooks at 50-75% off, some at 100% off.
mfm-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:13 AM   #167
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
You may have followed the suggestion in post #'s 114 & 147 but, if not, make sure that you have done that.

However, I haven't seen any banner ads, myself, for $$$ off on books, the last few times that I've been on the Google Play website, when it used to be that I would see them fairly frequently.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-15-2018 at 06:20 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:51 AM   #168
mfm-ca
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
You may have followed the suggestion in post #'s 114 & 147 but, if not, make sure that you have done that.
Yes, I have. My post #148 mentions that. But like you, I am definitely seeing the banners a lot less than I used to.

Even in those instances where I am seeing the banners, some of the time the redeem codes don't work. I have a few posts on this thread mentioning that also. That's why I wonder if there's some other issue with my Google Play account. Google certainly has no problem taking my store credit when I do purchase books there or redeeming any bought gift cards.

Last edited by mfm-ca; 03-15-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #169
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
There's another $5 off any $5+ book offer. The offer expires 4/2/2018, so you'd better hop to it (Easter - hop to it, get it? ). Once you've redeemed the offer, the reward expires 4/14/2018.

I saw a small banner in the Play Store app a little way down on either the Entertainment/Movies-Music-Books page or on the Books page.

They apparently no longer allow you to use these offers on gifts. I first noticed this with the Valentines Day $3 off offer. I used to send a discounted gift from my secondary Play account to my main one. Now when I try that the discount is not applied.

Last edited by bookmarked; 04-01-2018 at 05:53 PM.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #170
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
There's another $5 off any $5+ book offer. The offer expires 4/2/2018, so you'd better hop to it (Easter - hop to it, get it? ). Once you've redeemed the offer, the reward expires 4/14/2018.

I saw a small banner in the Play Store app a little way down on either the Entertainment/Movies-Music-Books page or on the Books page.

They apparently no longer allow you to use these offers on gifts. I first noticed this with the Valentines Day $3 off offer. I used to send a discounted gift from my secondary Play account to my main one. Now when I try that the discount is not applied.
Thanks. I don't use the app, so I always forget to check it.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #171
mfm-ca
Enthusiast

Once again, not available for me. I think that's three in a row since my last offer. Based on my last response here, seems I am not alone.

Last edited by mfm-ca; 04-15-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #172
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
None for me either. I checked the app and PC (sometimes it will show on one and not the other).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #173
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I've never gotten one on the app on my phone or tablet. I always get them on my laptop. I did get the $5 off again last week.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #174
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Ok found the $5 off coupon on my tablet in Play store, books, ebooks section. When I logged on to google play from my PC found a $.99 move rental, do glad I checked play today.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #175
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Got an email for $3 off any book $5 or more. First time I've gotten the actual email from them.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:28 PM   #176
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Have an email account that is growing cobwebs on it, because you haven't used it in so long (I've got at least three)? How about an email account in which you rarely if ever check the inbox?

If you answered "yes" to either one or both of those, you might want to check it/them if you don't get a message from Google Play in the account that you regularly use.

I just got in my inbox (and not in my primary email account) this offer from Google Play:
SEE WHAT'S NEW ON GOOGLE PLAY BOOKS
$5 CREDIT FOR YOU
Here's your $5 credit to use toward any Ebook over $5. Kick back and relax with a new Ebook on Google Play.

Claim your offer below and your credit will be applied at checkout.*
CLAIM YOUR OFFER
This offer is only valid for [me@noneofyourbusiness.com].
Forwarded recipients are not eligible for the offer in this email.

Note that it seems to be targeted to only certain people (as per usual, it seems).

I didn't see any ebook deals on Google Play's homepage. Sorry. There is a deal to get 99 cent rental deals on The Karate Kid Collection movies. You know, I never did get to watch all of those in the 80's . . . .

Best wishes getting the $5 credit deal on ebooks.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-19-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #177
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Received $3 off $3 today. Google Play desktop.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #178
mfm-ca
Enthusiast

Another 3 months, and still no offers. Been bypassed on the last 5-6 global offers despite making some eBook purchases on Google Play. With my account balance heading toward zero, I have little incentive to add any gift cards to the balance going forward.

Waiting for Smashwords.com's July 1-31 sale. The same books I can get there and on Google Play may end up being cheaper on Smashwords. I normally wouldn't wait, but Google Play has annoyed me enough to hold out for the sale.

It's too bad Kobo hasn't had their global %-off coupons like in the past. Most of theirs coupons now are for specific authors or limited selections.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #179
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
No love for me from Google Play since the end of March.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #180
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Received $3 off $3 today. Google Play desktop.
Mine - also from Google Play desktop - reads:
Quote:
$3 credit on any ebook over $3
[gmail address]
Valid for $3 credit towards the current store price of an ebook from eligible titles on Google Play. Credit may only be applied to eligible titles with an on store price greater than $3 before tax is imposed. Open to participants based on purchase history. Credit applied at checkout. Valid in United States only.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote