Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
klondikemarlen
klondikemarlen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (sv 1.2.1) [Model: BNRV300] {rooted}
Set series value for multibook file.

I have a book in my library that is books 1-6 in a series.
How can I set the series value to MySeries [1-6].

So far I have had to set the series value to MySeries [1] and set the Title to be 'MySeries Books 1-6' but I don't find this to be what I am looking for.

This would allow the series field to look sort of like a print range dialogue? Where you can print pages 1,3,5-16 in a document?

I think that this may be a 'Feature request'? Since I believe that this functionality is not built into Calibre.

I am aware that I can split books (found a nice tutorial at http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/using-e...tion-box-sets/) but I actually like having it as one volume. I just want to be able to label it as such.

I hope that you can help,
Thanks,
Marlen
klondikemarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
there are many older threads discussing similar ways.
My convention is
seriesname [1.06] , seriesname [7.12] for ranges <very few series go to 3 digits. I would just infer the leading digit on the upper end>

seriesname [3.5] is a half way
seresname [0] no order placement, belongs, but no order, I also use for an Index or glossary Book covering the series
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, feature request, multi value field, multibook, series