Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
searcygr
searcygr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Correct URL to access Calibre remotely: requires username password

I am trying out different ebook readers to see what is best to use with both Calibre and Ubooquity. My Calibre is setup for remote access and requires username/password. I've tried to access remotely without good results (it fails).

I am using both an Android tablet & iPad. Both have issues.

I setup the Calibre access with the following url:

"http://usernameCOLONpassword@calibre.domain.org:8088/"

If I test the above in a Chrome browser, a dialog still pops up wanting the username/password. In an ebook reader app, I just get a failure to connect. Is there something I can put in after the http://calibre.domain.org:8088/ string to pass the username/password as a parameter?
searcygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Passing login credentials in the URL does not work (and is a bad idea security wise). The calibre server uses HTTP auth. So you will get a popup asking for username/password when you try to connect.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert