Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #16
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Hi Ben

I've just downloaded and used your editor. It invalidates my epubs after using. I've posted all the details for you on google code.

I hope there is a simple fix because it looks like a handy little utility that will be very useful.

Last edited by wannabee; 07-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Hi Ben

I've just downloaded and used your editor. It unvalidates my epubs after using. I've posted all the details for you on google code.

I hope there is a simple fix because it looks like a handy little utility that will be very useful.
Hi there,

I've started dealing with the issues you raised. I have fixed the problem regarding the zipping routine. An epub that passes validation before being edited by EPubMetadataEditor now passes validation afterwards, too.

I cannot replicate your opf problem, so I am hoping you can attach the problematic epub file to the Google Code issue.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #18
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
I cannot replicate your opf problem, so I am hoping you can attach the problematic epub file to the Google Code issue.
I'll run a couple more ePubs through your editor and make sure the error replicates first. The ePub in question can't be posted in a public space but if the error replicates I'll email it to you. It may take a few hours.

I notice you still have 1.0.6 as the latest version.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
wannabee
Media Bloke

I have 9 ePubs which I opened with your editor and added the words "ADDED TEXT" to the description meta data. All of them had the same zipping error and the OPF error.
One, which had been run through Calibre, lost the date meta data.
The calibre meta data that was dropped was

<dc:date>2010-12-31T13:00:00+00:00</dc:date>

I can't post the ePubs in a public space but I'll email one to you.

Mark
Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #20
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
I notice you still have 1.0.6 as the latest version.
Yes, I haven't updated any of the downloads yet, since the issue is not resolved fully. But the zipping problem has been taken care of.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #21
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Hi Mark,

The problem has been fixed, as far as I can tell. I was doing something apparently non-standard with the dates (but I must have got it from somewhere - Calibre?). Anyway, my program now preserves the way the date is handled, and so if the EPUB passes FlightCrew before, it will now pass after as well.

Let me know if you find anything else!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
wannabee
Media Bloke

1.0.7 tested well. Thanks Ben
Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #23
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
1.0.7 tested well. Thanks Ben
You're welcome! Glad it is working for you now.

Ben.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
wannabee
Media Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Ben.
Don't forget to add your updates to the original post number one! Beause in 10 months time they will love you or hate you for it.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:23 AM   #25
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Hi everyone,

Minor update to EPub Metadata Editor.
The current version is now 1.0.8
Recent Changes:
  • The interface updates properly after editing the opf file directly
  • New "Edit other file..." button

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #26
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.0.9

Hi everyone,

A more significant update to EPub Metadata Editor.
The current version is now 1.0.9
Recent Changes:
Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #27
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.0.10

New version: 1.0.10
Hi everyone,

A more significant update to EPub Metadata Editor.
The current version is now 1.0.10
Recent Changes:

(Thanks to Mark Nord for finding the bug.)

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
RobStonier
RobStonier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi Ben,

Your program is a very useful utility, but I have noticed that .mobi extensions (Kindle file extension) are not recognisd. Is there any plans to add this functionality. Other than that keep up the good work! Very handy tool.
RobStonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Hi Rob - Welcome to MobileRead. If you want to modify mobi files, you will find more tools in the mobi sub-forum, just above this one; or you can use the command line tools of Calibre, which also has its own forum here. Calibre is also a great library management tool.
Do avoid the Lounge if you wish to manage your spare time .
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #30
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobStonier View Post
Hi Ben,

Your program is a very useful utility, but I have noticed that .mobi extensions (Kindle file extension) are not recognisd. Is there any plans to add this functionality. Other than that keep up the good work! Very handy tool.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your kind words. However, there are no plans to add different formats: this program is EPub only!

As was pointed out in the previous post, Calibre is a good tool for handling all ebook formats, and can be used to edit metadata.

Sincerely,
Ben.