Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 06-08-2019, 09:22 PM   #2581
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Currently listening to The Body in the Castle Well, the latest Bruno, Chief of Police book from Martin Walker, narrated by Robert Ian Mackenzie. As always, a delightful listen, and an excellent narration. Though I do find his voice for the Americans in this one a bit too broad and flat. Really, I know we sound like that to those whose English originated in the U.K., but don't overdo it!
I just finished the ebook of this and enjoyed it. I am thinking of using one of my credits to get the audio book.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:17 AM   #2582
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
I always enjoy the Audible versions, with Robert Ian Mackenzie. (I know, with a name like that, what's he doing reading a book about French characters, but hey, it works.) Typically, I listen to it first, while I wait for the Amazon price to come down or the wait list to get shorter at the library, and then at some later date, get the eBook.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #2583
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Mini, Kindle Voyage, PW4
Currently listening to The Ninth Step by Mark Dawson. I love his narrator. I have all the audio books, I just like to space them out.

Next I will listen to Defending Harlow by Susan Stoker, which just came out in Kindle Unlimited audio book. This tends to be a lazy author, plot-wise, but since I'm caught up in the series and it's costing me nothing, I'll listen to it. I sure wouldn't pay a penny for it. (I'm on a 2 year sub to KU so I paid a long time ago).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #2584
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I always enjoy the Audible versions, with Robert Ian Mackenzie. (I know, with a name like that, what's he doing reading a book about French characters, but hey, it works.) Typically, I listen to it first, while I wait for the Amazon price to come down or the wait list to get shorter at the library, and then at some later date, get the eBook.
I agree he does a very good job with the audiobooks in the series.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations