Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Device Do You Have?
Sony 500 76 11.45%
Sony 505 285 42.92%
Sony 700 33 4.97%
Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 101 15.21%
Irex Digital Reader 16 2.41%
Irex Iliad 42 6.33%
Jinke/Hanlin 37 5.57%
Ganaza GeR2 2 0.30%
Soribook 0 0%
Readius 0 0%
Hanwang N510 or 516 1 0.15%
Starebook 1 0.15%
Amazon Kindle 102 15.36%
Ebookwise 1150 52 7.83%
Dr. Yi M218 1 0.15%
JetBook 6 0.90%
Plastic Logic 0 0%
Franklin eBookMan 9 1.36%
Rocket eBook 11 1.66%
REB1100 14 2.11%
REB 1200 7 1.05%
Softbook Reader 1 0.15%
Sony Librie 4 0.60%
iphone / ipod / pda 180 27.11%
I'm waiting for the Kindle 2, Kindle 1 is too ugly, etc, etc 12 1.81%
Nokia web tablets N770/800/810 or similar 25 3.77%
I still haven't decided, I"m so frackin' confused. 13 1.96%
They haven't made the one I want 18 2.71%
I read on my computer 74 11.14%
psp or other game console 24 3.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 664. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #76
tebaldo
Connoisseur
tebaldo doesn't littertebaldo doesn't litter

Device: Ganaxa GeR2, StareRead, Sony PRS505, Librié
I put all the readers I have, but I use only one, the Ganaxa GeR2.
tebaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #77
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Braille is a definite advantage.
I know that was probably a joke, but braille ebooks have been around since the first refreshable braille devices were developed in the 1970s.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #78
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
woohoo! PRS 505 still winning!
Plastic logics and Kindle 2? perhaps some scientist is lucky enough to have a prototype of these!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #79
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Where are all the Kindle owners?
Busy reading?
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #80
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
i <3 my kindle and yes I just found this poll and haven't been on here in weeks, before today that is... been busy reading
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #81
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Just getting my signature ready... here we go again!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #82
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Those who picked Ipod/pda/Iphone

Curious here.

Do you read exclusively on your phones, or are they 'when I forgot my device' standbys?

If you read on them, do you have issues with the size, or are you happy with the reading experience?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #83
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can even read on my cellphone. Reads like text messages.
I have a SonyEricsson V600i, not included in the list, but don't prefer reading large amounts of text on it.
A large text message with 256 letters is long enough!

The most annoying thing on reading on a backlit LCD screen is when the light is too bright.
It annoys the eyes!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #84
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I am very surprised Kindle is not the leader. Really odd, I was sure it will have the majority.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #85
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I am very surprised Kindle is not the leader. Really odd, I was sure it will have the majority.
Sony has the upper hand since it is more widely available. kindle is pretty much US based.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #86
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Sony has the upper hand since it is more widely available. kindle is pretty much US based.

Exactly. Then you have to realize the sony 500 was available a year before the Kindle was.

If we added in the Kindle users on the Amazon discussions page, it would make a huge difference.

BUT I CAN'T GET THEM OVER HERE!!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #87
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Plus,Sony's around much longer.
Many did the 500-505 trade about a year ago...(and where right to do so)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #88
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Curious here.

Do you read exclusively on your phones, or are they 'when I forgot my device' standbys?

If you read on them, do you have issues with the size, or are you happy with the reading experience?
I did,
I wonder if a better split instead of lumping all Iphone/iPid/PDA

I’ve been reading using my BlackBerry Storm with MobiPocket.

I’ve mainly been reading from the Storm to see how different the experience feels compared to reading from a PRS-505 device.

If folks are interested I can turn this into a write-up.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #89
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Still don't see the p-book up there.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #90
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Curious here.

While I usually read more on the Cybook, I've recently been reading more on the iPhone, mainly because I usually have it in my pocket when out and about, and I prefer not to carry the Cybook unless I have a bag.

Let's just say that I have a over-abundance of cation as related to gadgents which may not be very sturdy, especially when I'm well aware of my own tendency of banging into things with alarming regularity

Having said that, while the experience or reading on the iPhone is quiet comfortable, It is nowhere near as nice as on the Cybook. Still, I came from reading on PDA's for 5-6 years, so I'm quiet used to reading on a small screen, so I don't really think about the size of the screen that much, except perhaps for the more frequent page turns.

That brings me to one of my pet peeves of reading on the iPhone, having to swipe the screen to turn pages. I detest having to do that, and on all my previous PDA's remapped some of the hardware buttons to use a page tun buttons. I wish I could use the volume buttons on th Iphone for this.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote