Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #1411
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316383 will let you get the total. I don't know how to get the median from that though.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:06 PM   #1412
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Not sure if this question belongs in this thread, but it is related: I'm curious to know what the median word count of my unread books is, as generated by this plugin. How do I obtain this/these data?
There isn't anything in calibre to do it. The closest is the Sum Column plugin which does what it's name says. That could be extended to give more stats. Other than that, you can create a CSV catalog and use your favourite spreadsheet application to do whatever statistics you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2020, 09:22 PM   #1413
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
you can create a CSV catalog and use your favourite spreadsheet application to do whatever statistics you want.
Thank you David. I figured this was one solution, just wanted to make sure there wasn't an internal solution already available.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #1414
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Thank you David. I figured this was one solution, just wanted to make sure there wasn't an internal solution already available.
I have been a little surprised that there isn't anything to do stats like this in calibre or a plugin. I have occasionally thought of something show stats like pages or words read in a month and other stats, but, not enough to do anything about it. Plus, the spreadsheet option exists if I really want it.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #1415
scubacat
scubacat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Good morning! I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I get this wrong. I recently updated Calibre to 5.6 and my Count Pages plugin stopped working. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it successfully, but now it appears to say it's working, but doesn't actually update the page count. I picked a recent title that I wanted to count, I clicked the plugin. It said 1 Job. I clicked on that to see it's progress. Everything has green checks and says Finished 100%. Then it gives me a popup that says Count Complete. Count Pages plugin found 1 statistic. Proceed with updating columns in your library? I clicked yes, but the page count stayed 0. What am I doing wrong?

Adding that I clicked on the view log and got this. Now it looks like there are actually several things going wrong. Any advice is much appreciated. I got these plugins to work initially through carefully following online steps. I'm not very tech savvy otherwise, so use small words please!

Count Page/Word Statistics
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\hoffman\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\pl ugins\\DeDRM.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\hoffman\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\pl ugins\\Goodreads.zip'
do_count_statistics - book_path=C:\Users\hoffman\AppData\Local\Temp\cali bre_j2c4kl7c\s8gj62kr_count_pages\1053.epub, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Estimate, statistics_to_run=['PageCount'], custom_chars_per_page=1500, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=C:\Users\hoffman\AppData\Local\Temp\cali bre_j2c4kl7c\s8gj62kr_count_pages\1053.epub
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 1053 (Stars Above)
Method of counting _page_count_mode=Estimate _download_sources=[]
results= {}
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\hoffman\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\pl ugins\\DeDRM.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\hoffman\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\pl ugins\\Goodreads.zip'
do_statistics_for_book: C:\Users\hoffman\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_j2c4kl 7c\s8gj62kr_count_pages\1053.epub 0 Estimate [] ['PageCount'] 1500 True
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 155, in do_statistics_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 56, in get_page_count
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 94, in _open_epub_file
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 147, in __enter__
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 87, in run_extract_book
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 251, in fork_job
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 176, in run_job
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 123, in communicate
calibre.utils.ipc.simple_worker.WorkerError: Worker failed
scubacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2020, 04:26 PM   #1416
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It looks like something might be eating your worker process. If you use any antiviruses/security software, try adding the Calibre install folder to the exception list.

Also, update your Goodreads plugin.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #1417
scubacat

I actually ended up rolling back to version 4.23 and that solved all my problems. I think I'll just hang here for a while.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #1418
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@scubacat: What version of calibre were you running? Based on the line numbers in the stack dump it isn't 5.7. Could you try that? The way the interprocess communications is done in calibre has been rewritten in 5.7. It is possible something is blocking this (usually antivirus/malware) and hopefully the changes will not suffer from the same issues.

Also, as @ownedbycats suggested, make sure the plugins are up to date. While it isn't likely to be causing this problem, it does create a distraction when looking at the log and you will be missing function.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #1419
scubacat

I thought that I had upgraded to 5.7.1, as I downloaded it from the calibre website. However my count pages and dedrm plugins aren't working anymore. I rolled back to 4.23 and things were working for a couple of hours, but now they aren't again. I don't understand why.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:44 PM   #1420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubacat View Post
I thought that I had upgraded to 5.7.1, as I downloaded it from the calibre website. However my count pages and dedrm plugins aren't working anymore. I rolled back to 4.23 and things were working for a couple of hours, but now they aren't again. I don't understand why.
Try disabling whatever anti-virus or anti-malware you have running. Or adding an exception for calibre. Also, calibre uses the temporary directory for a lot of things. In this case, unpacking the books to perform the counts. If something is cleaning up your temporary directory to quicly, it might be removing these files and breaking processes like this one.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #1421
idiom6
idiom6 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
There isn't anything in calibre to do it. The closest is the Sum Column plugin which does what it's name says. That could be extended to give more stats. Other than that, you can create a CSV catalog and use your favourite spreadsheet application to do whatever statistics you want.
How would I export a CSV of just selected titles?

I currently mark when I've finished a book/fic, and would like to see the word count totals for the last month.
idiom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:54 PM   #1422
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiom6 View Post
How would I export a CSV of just selected titles?

I currently mark when I've finished a book/fic, and would like to see the word count totals for the last month.
You can create a CSV catalog. Select the books you want, right-click the Convert button and choose the option to create a catalog. You will then get a dialog to choose the options such as the format and the columns to use.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:23 PM   #1423
idiom6
idiom6 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
You can create a CSV catalog. Select the books you want, right-click the Convert button and choose the option to create a catalog. You will then get a dialog to choose the options such as the format and the columns to use.
OMG Thank you! I had no idea this function existed! (Though hiding it under the 'Convert' menu seems a bit weird)
idiom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:42 PM   #1424
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
OMG Thank you! I had no idea this function existed!
You can add it a toolbar or menu

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-11 153844.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	185344

Quote:
(Though hiding it under the 'Convert' menu seems a bit weird)
Space conservation.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:29 AM   #1425
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
OMG Thank you! I had no idea this function existed! (Though hiding it under the 'Convert' menu seems a bit weird)
I think of it as "Converting the library to a catalog".

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin