Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2020, 11:24 PM   #526
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Any plans to update the plugin with respect to python 3.x?
It was actually easier than I thought to fix, there's a new version (0.0.4) uploaded to the first post.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #527
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
It was actually easier than I thought to fix, there's a new version (0.0.4) uploaded to the first post.
Thanks, works nicely!

Could we maybe get some kind of "silent mode"? The point being that oftentimes no terms are found and I have to accept that - only to be asked if I want to edit the non-existing (no, I never). :)

I'd just like some mode that tries to do all it can, log that and otherwise make no noise at all.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2021, 05:14 PM   #528
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Could we maybe get some kind of "silent mode"? The point being that oftentimes no terms are found and I have to accept that - only to be asked if I want to edit the non-existing (no, I never).

I'd just like some mode that tries to do all it can, log that and otherwise make no noise at all.
If you don't have the "enable editing of aliases" box checked, it should ask fewer edit questions (the one setting controls more than just aliases, which obviously needs to get fixed), but there is always a prompt when there are no terms. I'll put "quiet mode" on the list of settings to add!
Old 02-26-2021, 12:29 AM   #529
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Great, thanks!
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #530
Pirate4Life
Pirate4Life began at the beginning.

Device: Andriod
I need help with Xray on kfx files for andriod

Quote:
I've just uploaded a new "master" version to the first post.
There have been many changes since the old one was released, but most notably:
* KFX support has been added thanks to jhowell's KFX in/output plugins
* A new data source called Roentgen is available that may have more terms available than Goodreads depending on the book
I tried using XRAY on KFX files on android with no success. Please can someone walk me through the process of adding Xray on KFX files for android? I have tried the process stated on the main page for AZW4 files on android and it worked can't seem to replicate the same results with KFX files.
Pirate4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #531
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate4Life View Post
I tried using XRAY on KFX files on android with no success. Please can someone walk me through the process of adding Xray on KFX files for android? I have tried the process stated on the main page for AZW4 files on android and it worked can't seem to replicate the same results with KFX files.
Seemed to work for me. I'll attach an example of the files in their destination.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-19.png
Views:	186
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	186699  
Old 04-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #532
Pirate4Life

Quote:
Seemed to work for me. I'll attach an example of the files in their destination.
Please can I see what is inside the folder (the one with the book ASIN number as its name)
Old 04-21-2021, 09:08 PM   #533
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Please can I see what is inside the folder (the one with the book ASIN number as its name)
This is what it looks like now (after the Kindle app added more stuff).
When I copied it over, the only files that were there were XRAY.B018JYLS8..DB (the extra dot is intentional) and XRAY.B018JYLS8.previewData, the files that were creating with the Build for Android setting enabled.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-04-21.png
Views:	145
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	186727  
Old 04-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #534
Pirate4Life

Quote:
This is what it looks like now (after the Kindle app added more stuff).
When I copied it over, the only files that were there were XRAY.B018JYLS8..DB (the extra dot is intentional) and XRAY.B018JYLS8.previewData, the files that were creating with the Build for Android setting enabled.
I don't know what I am doing wrong at this point.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image .png
Views:	147
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	186751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210423-163335_Kindle.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	186752  

Last edited by Pirate4Life; 04-23-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #535
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
I see that your XRAY.db file has a dbname_guid section in the name while mine didn't, so I'm wondering if that's the issue.
You could try changing the name to XRAY.B002RI9KAE..db and see if that works

Otherwise, do you mind zipping up the kfx and stuff from your phone and sending me a PM with a link (mega or google drive or whatever), and I can investigate?
Old 04-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #536
Pirate4Life

Quote:
I see that your XRAY.db file has a dbname_guid section in the name while mine didn't, so I'm wondering if that's the issue.
You could try changing the name to XRAY.B002RI9KAE..db and see if that works

Otherwise, do you mind zipping up the kfx and stuff from your phone and sending me a PM with a link (mega or google drive or whatever), and I can investigate?
here is the link to google drive containing the zip file of the kfx file with the x-ray folder
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yss...ew?usp=sharing
thank you
Old 04-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #537
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
here is the link to google drive containing the zip file of the kfx file with the x-ray folder
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yss...ew?usp=sharing
thank you
Thanks, I'll look into it. You should remove the link from the post now though (PMing prevents it from being shared publicly and angering the mods)
Old 04-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #538
Pirate4Life

Quote:
Thanks, I'll look into it. You should remove the link from the post now though (PMing prevents it from being shared publicly and angering the mods)

thank you, this interface is confusing, it wouldn't let me update previous posts, so I have no idea how to remove my old post - so I just deleted the file from my google drive, so the link doesn't work

Last edited by Pirate4Life; 04-23-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:51 PM   #539
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
thank you, this interface is confusing, it wouldn't let me update previous posts, so I have no idea how to remove my old post
You won't be able to remove it entirely but you should be able to hit "edit" at the bottom and edit out the url
Old 04-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #540
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Looks like the copy you used to generate the X-Ray is different than the one that's on the phone, like it's been run through Calibre another time or something.
The filename it's actually looking for is XRAY.B002RI9KAE.CR!TO8MCGKBQ14Z9IM4T8BCBWPSPYCN.db, but the one on the phone is XRAY.B002RI9KAE.CR!91S6O3TA4O99G1GBA1R3UYENIH7D_.d b.
If you just rename the file it should work, though there's a chance the highlighting could be wrong depending on if the book's content has changed at all.

Note that the underscore shouldn't actually be there, that's an issue I'll fix in the next version (I think it used to be required in an older build of the Android app or it wouldn't have worked in the beginning).

Tags
x-ray