Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
duckbill
Enthusiast
duckbill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
UK Firmware

I have just flashed my PRS-505 with the PRS+ hack and would like to return to the UK firmware I had. However, it seems that Sony have done a good job of burying the firmware within their website.

Any ideas out there?
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Copy of UK firmware here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/337985700/UK_new_opt.zip

Restore with Universal Flasher. Copy to the SD Root, 4 and 6.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
duckbill
Enthusiast

Many thanks.

Last edited by duckbill; 03-29-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
duckbill
Enthusiast

Woops - the Universal Flasher applications reads: Sorry, this firmware version is not supported ...

Any ideas?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbill View Post
Woops - the Universal Flasher applications reads: Sorry, this firmware version is not supported ...

Any ideas?
What about
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...05&region_id=1

I don't think, there's a UK only firmware.
That's the one I'm using.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:

Any ideas?

You have the "files.505.1.2.00.18050" folder in the root of the SD?

If not, create it. It has the same subfolders that "files.505.1.1.00.18040"
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations on getting your problem solved, duckbill!
I saw your post on your other help thread.
Quote:
Solved the problem. It seems that the hard reset button on the back of the PRS-505 needs to be pressed very firmly and more than ten times

Gosh, that was a very scary few hours without my reader!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote