Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Any Problems for the Clara Purchsed thru WalMart?

Looks like they Sold out Before they got to my store. NOW they are Back in Stock on Line...my store has no clue IF they will be getting them any time soon. So Before I order one I need to Know 1 Is the Light Bleed on the side been Fixed? 2 Any other problems the device has or had..been fixed?
Trying to figure out what the odds are I get a Bad Clara

Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
goldmine1965
goldmine1965 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Looks like they Sold out Before they got to my store. NOW they are Back in Stock on Line...my store has no clue IF they will be getting them any time soon. So Before I order one I need to Know 1 Is the Light Bleed on the side been Fixed? 2 Any other problems the device has or had..been fixed?
Trying to figure out what the odds are I get a Bad Clara

I bought mine online with Walmart. I have it in a Sleep Cover so if there is a light bleed, I have not noticed it.
goldmine1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #3
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Walmart has *really* customer friendly return desk. What more would I need to know?
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Walmart has *really* customer friendly return desk. What more would I need to know?
Guess I should have made this clearer.... People that Buy from Walmarts in the US
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
I bought a sleep cover on Walmart.com, just because I wanted to see what it was like. I paid with my credit card, and it arrived in store with free shipping in two days. I got an email and text notification to my phone that it was ready and available for pickup. The pickup counter is at the back of the store, and its always faster to checkout there than it is to wait in line at the front of the store. (Despite Walmart having 30 checkout lanes, they only seem to ever man about 6-8 of them, so lines are a good 20 minutes wait).

The cover was nice, and actually cheaper than Kobo.com ($27 with tax instead of $30 + shipping). However, I decided not to keep it.

If you have the Walmart app on your phone, you can initiate the return in the app (it asks you why you are returning it, and if you want a replacement or refund, then you get to skip the line in the store (at least at mine), because there is a 'mobile express line' that almost no-one uses. Unfortunately there was also only two kids working the return desk, and I had to wait in the 'regular' line which took 20 minutes, but the return was without issue.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert