Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-21-2006, 03:10 AM   #16
vikingblade
vikingblade began at the beginning.

hi. isnt working for me on secure .lit, please help. are u sure it works on these. after i get to the point when it says - enter the name for the new folder that will contain the expanded LUIT file.. i enter name of the book, hit ok... then get error... the path blah, blah does not exist or is not a directory. it worked fine on a non secure .lit ebook. am i doing something wrong.
vikingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #17
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Check this 2 sites for useful info and rememeber that sometimes if a) does not work, maybe b) does work, or maybe c) does, but in the end one of them kind of always works in people's experience.

http://dukelupus.pri.ee/
http://www.processtext.com/ (under free)

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingblade
enter the name for the new folder that will contain the expanded LUIT file.. i enter name of the book, hit ok... then get error... the path blah, blah does not exist or is not a directory.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2006, 02:35 PM   #18
Pappy
Pappy began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingblade
enter name of the book, hit ok... then get error... the path blah, blah does not exist or is not a directory. it worked fine on a non secure .lit ebook. am i doing something wrong.
I haven't used clit in a while, but either the folder needs to be made in advance, in the same file (I put everything in one file), or a "\" needs to be added after the file name with the correct path. Read the readme file that is with it. Hope this works for you.
Dave
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
At the end of September, I purchased a LIT format ebook and had no problem using ConvertLIT 1.8 to convert it. I even tried it on the laptop which has MSReader on it that's not registered. So yes it works and it works with current books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #20
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
New program much like ConvertLit, but with more options and a nice interface. Not sure if it works on protected Lit files yet as I don't have any. Best of all, it's freeware.

ABC Amber LIT Converter is an advanced utility which converts your LIT (Microsoft Reader) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly --
http://www.thebeatlesforever.com/pro...xt/abclit.html
I am really starting to love this Sony reader and what I can put on it.....
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2007, 06:48 AM   #21
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!
adinb is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, iPhone
OK, probably a stupid question, but a google and forum search didn't really turn up any answers....

What's the best way to take the OEBPS format output by convertlit and put it into a useful single package form, like rtf, lrf, even pdf.

Thanks!
adinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm afraid I don't know from OEBPS, or Convertlit, for that matter, but if you're okay with using a different converter, Amber Lit Converter will directly output about 30 different formats, including RTF and PDF.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #23
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I'm afraid I don't know from OEBPS, or Convertlit, for that matter, but if you're okay with using a different converter, Amber Lit Converter will directly output about 30 different formats, including RTF and PDF.
That's it on post #6
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #24
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Amber LIT Converter is a great tool for unprotected LIT formats. I have never tried it on DRM LIT files as I have none. It is also free and does not -- as earlier implied -- leave a large "ABC Amber" logo on almost every page. This happens only on the trial versions of their for purchase products, the free ones do not carry the logos on the output.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:48 AM   #25
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!

AmberLIT doesn't seem to want to work in virtualpc. lit2lrf worked very nicely for me this morning. I *highly* recommend it.

Oh, and OEBPS is the "Open eBook Publication Structure". Convertlit converts the nonprotected lit structure and converts it to OEBPS (with a OPF file to tie it all together).

Last edited by adinb; 02-18-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:52 AM   #26
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!

Here's the lit2lrf thread.

Last edited by adinb; 02-18-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #27
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I have tried them all and find ConvertLIT GUI to be the best. It uses the latest clit 1.8 version.
You can get it here:

http://dukelupus.pri.ee/convertlit.php

I find it far more accurate and easy to use and it preserves italics, bold etc.

It will also extract the HTML from secure lit files providing you own them and have activated the MS Reader on your system.
Use convertLIT GUI's ReaderKeyRecoveryTool (comes with the programme) for this. It only needs to be run once because it creates a keys.txt file and stores this in its folder.

Some lit files extract into one HTML file but some don't -- they may be made up of of 20 to 30 separate html files for chapter 1, chapter 2, acknowledgements, epilogue etc.

I use SoftSnow Merger to merge these into one file and you can get it here:

http://www.dukelupus.pri.ee/softsnow...r/merger.shtml.

If you want clean HTML code, Merger can use Tidy.exe if you have it on your system. (No need to run Tidy.exe from the command line)

Information on Tidy here:

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

Last edited by Moonraker; 02-18-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip on Tidy. I had not run across that one before.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #29
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Amber LIT Converter is a great tool for unprotected LIT formats. I have never tried it on DRM LIT files as I have none. It is also free and does not -- as earlier implied -- leave a large "ABC Amber" logo on almost every page. This happens only on the trial versions of their for purchase products, the free ones do not carry the logos on the output.
For those who have the trial version, the Logo is easy to take out. It is in the header and footer. Open document in Word and make sure Amberlit is closed. Go to the first page double click on the Logo and it opens the Header and Footer tool. Erase the logo from the header, scroll down to the footer and do the same, click on the Close button and save document. No more logo.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #30
RWood
Technogeezer

In ABC Amber LIT Converter there is an option box to allow you to set the header and footer to anything (or nothing.) The large logo referenced (like the one shown when the program starts) is only displayed on pages in a trial version of a product offered for sale. It does not display in the output of the freeware products.