Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
Drybonz
Connoisseur
Drybonz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Select All/Send All Books to Kindle App/iBooks?

Hey guys... I just purchased CC and have it synced and a bunch of books in it... the problem I'm having is that I can't find a "select all" or a way to send all, or a group of, books to the Kindle or iBooks apps. I can't imagine that it's intended to be a "one at a time" operation as that would be completely insane for people with large libraries. I'm sure I must just be missing it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Drybonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's intended to be used as your library/bookshelf (as opposed to storing everything in a single reading app, which you may not always want to use). You use it to search/sort/filter/etc. and find the book you want to read and then send that book to your choice of reading app. At least that's how I use it...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #3
Drybonz
Connoisseur

Well, I guess you can't really say that's how it's intended to be used if that's just how you use it. It certainly isn't how I intended to use it and without the ability to send multiple books at the same time it's worthless to me. Few more bucks blown and wasted on the app store... no demo and no refunds.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Well, I guess you can't really say that's how it's intended to be used if that's just how you use it. It certainly isn't how I intended to use it and without the ability to send multiple books at the same time it's worthless to me. Few more bucks blown and wasted on the app store... no demo and no refunds.
Well, you could have started with the FREE trial version to get the feel of a product

Its not like this was expensive like the early days of the PC.
Wordstar, Multiplan, Paradox were all $450 each, MS DOS was $70 and there were no 'demo' versions.

BTW I have no problem pushing a dozen books from Calibre to CC (the wireless device mode).
I select a book in CC and it opens in the configured app
Moon+ for EPUB and Kindle app for AZW, Adobe for PDF
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 AM   #5
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
I also use CC exactly as described by AnemicOak.

For various reasons I often change between reading apps. IMO the greatest variation between reading apps is in the manner that they organise the library.
So CC makes changing your favorite app very easy.

As I remember it there actually was a demo of CC.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
Drybonz
Connoisseur

I searched for a free demo and didn't see one... so if I missed it the waste of money is on me. The last time I contacted Apple to try to get a refund on an app I didn't even get a reply.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I searched for a free demo and didn't see one... so if I missed it the waste of money is on me. The last time I contacted Apple to try to get a refund on an app I didn't even get a reply.
Ah! it may be an Apple thing.
There is a demo version for Android
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Note, lack of bulk file import/export is an iOS limitation anyway so it would've been useless even if Calibre Companion had that functionality.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #9
Drybonz
Connoisseur

Useless being the key word.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #10
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Note, lack of bulk file import/export is an iOS limitation anyway so it would've been useless even if Calibre Companion had that functionality.
The lack of bulk export is an ios limitation only as in android you don't need to import books into an app to open/read them sadly from what chaley describes android os seems to be moving towards a similar system in future versions. I used to be unhappy with android based readers using older versions of android but for calibre companion them not moving to a newer version of Android might be a good thing.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote