Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #226
Gollie
Gollie began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin/BeBook
collections appering, books in collection, books also appearing below

Kindle 4, Win 10, latest calibre and plugin versions

I have a minimal Kindle library and have semi-configured the plugin the way I want it.

It is now creating the collection folders, numbering the books and placing the books in the collection folder.
However the books are also appearing just in front of the collection in the root folder of the kindle

Temeraire [1] His Majestys Dragon Naomi Novak
Temeraire [2] Throne of Jade Naomi Novak
Temeraire [2] Black Powder War Naomi Novak
(etc rest of series)
Temeraire (9)

I have the exact same problem as this user, but i fail to understand the instructions and the discussion
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=244202&page=9
(scroll down to Post 122 from crouton)

What is your Kindle's Sort Order set to? It should be "Collections", but any other sort order will list both the books and the collections.

Where do I locate Sort Order? I've looked in the plugin settings, in the kindle menu etc - and i can't find it

Here's the metaboard plugin settings and the collection plugin settings windows

(Edit: Fixed thx to Penny _Dreadful - my kindle was showing by "Most Recent" instead of "By Collection" - i pressed the D button up until i got to the top of the screen, then over until "By Collection" was chosen. Problem solved!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rdR6Z3i.png
Views:	319
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	156419   Click image for larger version

Name:	rPeih43.png
Views:	337
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	156420  

Last edited by Gollie; 04-29-2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Oversize images thumbnailed.
Gollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:23 PM   #227
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollie View Post
What is your Kindle's Sort Order set to? It should be "Collections", but any other sort order will list both the books and the collections.

Where do I locate Sort Order? I've looked in the plugin settings, in the kindle menu etc - and i can't find it
Sort Order is found on the Kindle not in Calibre, on the screen where you see all your books, the sort option is at the top right corner, just below the menu, I've circled it in the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlecollections.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	156422  
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2017, 06:25 AM   #228
Gollie
Gollie began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin/BeBook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
Sort Order is found on the Kindle not in Calibre, on the screen where you see all your books, the sort option is at the top right corner, just below the menu, I've circled it in the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps!
Perfect! - the problem laid with a changed setting on the Kindle, not Calibre.

FTR, it was on "Most recent" - I pressed the Direction button up until that was highlighted, and switched it to "By Collection".

Problem solved thanks to your advice!

Last edited by Gollie; 04-29-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Gollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #229
joeblack
joeblack began at the beginning.

Device: K3
multiple rename patterns

I have a yes/no custom column that represents if a book is in its original language or if it is translated.

I have a rule that creates 2 collections based on the aforementioned column, but the name of the 2 collections created on the kindle ares "yes" and "no". I would like to change the name of the collections to someting like "traslated" / "non-translated".

I know that using the "rename paterns" column in the rule specification allow me to change a value for another, so i can change "yes" for "translated", but i dont know how to specify the rule to change both.

is it posible to do that ? how ?

thanks in advance.
joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:12 AM   #230
luculi
luculi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Kindle 8th generation

Hi, how can I use Kindle collections with Kindle e-reader (8th generations)? It doesn't work...
luculi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #231
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luculi View Post
Hi, how can I use Kindle collections with Kindle e-reader (8th generations)? It doesn't work...
Your Kindle has to be jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 AM   #232
tsagi73
tsagi73 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Hi,
How can I use this plugin to manage my collection? Thanks in advance!
tsagi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:27 AM   #233
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsagi73 View Post
Hi,
How can I use this plugin to manage my collection? Thanks in advance!
Moderator Notice
Firstly, by asking in the plugin thread itself, rather than a four year old thread with zero responses.

And secondly by reading the plugin thread, especially the the first post.

Yes, I have moved your post

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #234
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
correct workflow for loading books and collections?

Hello,

I wanted to check that I have the workflow right, because it is quite convoluted.

I have the plugin installed and the collection manager on my kindle paperwhite 3.

My collections are created using the plugin, based on tag of 'fiction' and 'non-fiction' and imported to the kindle just fine. And I can manually add books to a collection with 'edit kindle collections manually' but I thought I would be able to have books put in a collection based on their tag when I do 'send to kindle'?

Have I got it wrong?

The workflow that I have figured out, but seems overly convoluted is:
  1. import book to Calibre
  2. mark book in collection column.
  3. "Send to Device"
  4. "Create collections on the kindle from calibre"
  5. On the Kindle now, run "Import collections from Calibre"

And then they are in their collections. Is this the best way?

Cheers
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #235
iamagloworm
Connoisseur

after further exploration, this all seems moot.

it is not possible to have epubs in collections, despite KPV Booklet?
Old 10-15-2017, 06:09 PM   #236
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamagloworm View Post
after further exploration, this all seems moot.

it is not possible to have epubs in collections, despite KPV Booklet?
Kindle's do not support ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #237
iamagloworm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kindle's do not support ePub.
Thanks for replying.

true that epub is not supported natively, but with KPV Booklet and KOReader, my kindle functionally does.

even with natively supported ebooks (mobi, azw) I am struggling with Collections Manager. Not all books are put into collections and I can't figure out why. I suspect it is the kindle application rather than the calibre plugin.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:52 PM   #238
gehusi
gehusi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Books duplicating in/out of collection

This has been driving me insane, so hopefully someone can help me out. I have a jailbroken Kindle 3, with custom collections created in Calibre. I send them to the Kindle, and it creates the collections with the correct books in each. However, the books also appear outside the collection as well! I've tried removing and reloading the books on the device, recreated the collections, etc. No luck.

Please tell me someone has come across this before and can offer a solution.
gehusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:01 AM   #239
iamagloworm
Connoisseur

quick thought, are you sure you are not loading epub and mobi/azeb files? if like me, you use calibre to convert epub to azw/epub i have to be selective about the format that i load.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #240
Gazerwolf
Enthusiast
Gazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheese

Device: 2 K2 Int, K4 SO, K4 Keyboard, Kindle DXG,Voyage(broke screen)PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehusi View Post
However, the books also appear outside the collection as well! I've tried removing and reloading the books on the device, recreated the collections, etc. .
You need to change one of your K3 settings to display just collections. There is one that displays only collections and books not in a collection.
I'm not sure where it is on a K3, but play with your settings.
Gazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle