Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #1336
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Make a file test.php containing:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php 
phpinfo(); 
?>
</body>
</html>
Put test.php in /website/cops
Then in a browser http://www.customdomain.com/website/cops/test.php

What happens? And what happens if you put the file test.php in /website ?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #1337
KnnNike
KnnNike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Make a file test.php containing:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php 
phpinfo(); 
?>
</body>
</html>
Put test.php in /website/cops
Then in a browser http://www.customdomain.com/website/cops/test.php

What happens? And what happens if you put the file test.php in /website ?
In both cases I get the correctly loaded php info/config page.

So this would indicate that there is a problem with one of the files in my "cops" folder, correct? Does it also mean that my php/apache installation is not at fault?
KnnNike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #1338
KnnNike

Ok, by process of elimination there seems to be an issue with my htaccess file. Stay tuned...
Old 09-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #1339
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Strange.

The default .htaccess file in cops blocks nothing.

Just rename it to no.htaccess and try again.

Then what is the output of http://www.customdomain.com/website/...heckconfig.php ?

Last edited by mariosipad; 09-04-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #1340
KnnNike

Quote:
Strange.

The default .htaccess file in cops blocks nothing.

Just rename it to no.htaccess and try again.

Then what is the output of http://www.customdomain.com/website/...heckconfig.php ?
Everything shows "OK"

So now we're making progress. The metadata comes through correctly, but when I try to actually download a book, I get the "this looks like an html file, not an actual ePub" message. I have enabled url rewriting in config_local.php, is there something else I can check?
Advert
Old 09-05-2016, 05:02 AM   #1341
mariosipad
Guru

Questions:
1- with or without .htaccess?

2 - which browser or app are you using to download the epub?
If you use a browser (firefox recommended) to access cops rewriting should not be needed to be enabled. If you enable rewriting in config_local.php it should also be enabled in .htaccess.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:11 AM   #1342
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Is there any chance of COPS getting it's own login page ?

I also tried to use .htaccess to prevent unauthorized access but unfortunately the Kobo browser doest not support 'basic authorization'
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:14 AM   #1343
mariosipad
Guru

@Goner

When connecting to cops protected by <username>/<password> use this format:

http://<password>:<username>@<url_or_ IP>/<cops>

A bit cumbersome, but it works.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #1344
tnemec
tnemec began at the beginning.

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin
I am using COPS since quite a while running on my Synology NAS. Recently I got a problem with entries which could not be downloaded to my ebook readers - even the cover page was not visible on the web page or via OPDS on the iPad (although those entries do look good via Calibre). The only part visible is the title and description.

I tried to find some pattern (filenames, ...) but cannot get it working. Has anybody found a similar behaviour? Could this be another problem with accessibility?

Rgrds,
Thomas

Update: I found some strange additional effects: this is connected somehow with author names: e.g. I do have some books from Bill Bryson, changing the name in Calibre to something different makes it visible and accessible. Changing it back to Bill Bryson leaves it unreadable...

Update: even changing this book to Bill Bryson1 makes the trick!!!

Update: Heinrich Steinfest does not work as well...

Last edited by tnemec; 09-11-2016 at 09:46 AM.
tnemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #1345
mariosipad
Guru

Which Synology model?
Have you recently updated the Synology software to version 6?

Have you tried rebooting the Synology and or reinstalling COPS?
Old 09-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #1346
tnemec

Quote:
Which Synology model?
Have you recently updated the Synology software to version 6?

Have you tried rebooting the Synology and or reinstalling COPS?
Synology DS413 with V6 and all updates. I am often rebooting the device. And I recently updated COPS.

Meanwhile I have added to some of the authors a dot at the end ("Koontz.") which is kind of an ugly workaround.

Can you do me a favour and rename the author of one of your books to e.g. "Thomas Raab" and tell me if that works???
Old 09-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #1347
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I wonder if you're seeing an issue related to case sensitive vs case insensitive file systems?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #1348
mariosipad
Guru

As a fellow COPS enthusiast I will gladly do you a favour.

1 - in Calibre renamed the author of a random book to "Thomas Raab"
2 - the name of the directory with the book with the renamed author changed to "Thomas Raab"
3 - copied the whole Calibre library with all files to my COPS Server (Debian Wheezy).
4 - The author "Thomas Raab" showed up as expected in COPS. The book was downloadable.

All went as expected!

Where are our differences:
1 - I did not use a Synology (my old Synology does not support DSM 6 :-( )
2 - I use Apache2 as a webserver and sqlite3 as a database server. Synology uses it's own versions.

However I do not expect this to have any impact on the working of COPS.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #1349
mariosipad
Guru

@PeterT

Synology is linux (of a sort). It's file system is quite case sensitive in my experience.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #1350
tnemec

Quote:
As a fellow COPS enthusiast I will gladly do you a favour.

1 - in Calibre renamed the author of a random book to "Thomas Raab"
2 - the name of the directory with the book with the renamed author changed to "Thomas Raab"
3 - copied the whole Calibre library with all files to my COPS Server (Debian Wheezy).
4 - The author "Thomas Raab" showed up as expected in COPS. The book was downloadable.

All went as expected!

Where are our differences:
1 - I did not use a Synology (my old Synology does not support DSM 6 :-( )
2 - I use Apache2 as a webserver and sqlite3 as a database server. Synology uses it's own versions.

However I do not expect this to have any impact on the working of COPS.
Thanks a lot for this. At least I can exclude a bit and search elsewhere further...

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology