Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #46
gldnbrwncouches
Enthusiast
gldnbrwncouches doesn't littergldnbrwncouches doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra H2O & Clara HD, Nook ST w/GL, GL+ (2015), Kindle PW4
Thanks for the update. I've got it working for me now, so I'm also in no hurry. Again, thanks for the work on this plugin!
gldnbrwncouches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:56 PM   #47
lonegunman
lonegunman began at the beginning.

Device: nook glowlight plus - sony PRS-T3
Hi all,
I use this plugin with italian language books because he can collect tags in italian language (cool)

btw I had a problem with diacritics in authors name, the UTF-8 was not correctly send in quesy string ie. Roberto Bolaño was sent as u'Roberto Bola\xf1o' and return no resoults

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Roberto Bola\xf1o'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9788845922084'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'2666. La parte dei critici-La parte di Amalfitano-La parte di Fate'}

same query (with n instead of ñ) Roberto Bolano whorks like a charm

obviously same problem witho other diacritics èéòà etc.

how could I fix it to send drom worker to init the correct utf-8 author string (my python is very very poor, I can only print hello worl )

thanks in advance

lone
lonegunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:48 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegunman View Post
Hi all,
I use this plugin with italian language books because he can collect tags in italian language (cool)

btw I had a problem with diacritics in authors name, the UTF-8 was not correctly send in quesy string ie. Roberto Bolaño was sent as u'Roberto Bola\xf1o' and return no resoults

{u'authors': [u'Roberto Bola\xf1o'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9788845922084'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'2666. La parte dei critici-La parte di Amalfitano-La parte di Fate'}

same query (with n instead of ñ) Roberto Bolano whorks like a charm

obviously same problem witho other diacritics èéòà etc.

how could I fix it to send drom worker to init the correct utf-8 author string (my python is very very poor, I can only print hello worl )
The attached beta should fix this. For some reason I encoded the title but not the author. The attached beta should fix this.

The beta also includes the changes for anyone running the calibre Python 3 beta. I think I got everything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboBooks-beta.zip (8.8 KB, 377 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #49
lonegunman
lonegunman began at the beginning.

Device: nook glowlight plus - sony PRS-T3
it works !!!

{u'authors': [u'Roberto Bola\xf1o'], u'identifiers': {u'goodreads': u'6971816'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'2666. La parte dei critici-La parte di Amalfitano-La parte di Fate'}
Using plugins: Kobo Books (1, 7, 1)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Kobo Books (1, 7, 1) ******************************
Found 1 results
Downloading from Kobo Books took 8.62009000778

---
Title : 2666
Author(s) : Roberto Bolaño
Publisher : Penguin Random House Grupo Editorial España
Tags : Letteratura
Published : 2016-09-15T02:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : kobosxlOyebcz-fLGkhqVc88g, isbn:9788420426464
Comments :

a lot
lonegunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:26 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to version 1.8.0

I have just released version 1.8.0 of the plugin. The changes in the plugin are:
  • Update: Changes for Python 3 support in calibre.
  • Fix: Wasn't encoding the author properly in the query.

The changes are in the recent beta.

The update will be announced by calibre in the next hour or so. And as usual, if you see any problems, please report them here.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:55 PM   #51
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast
DictatorAlly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi, this plugin looks amazing!

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue though, it is the same result for every search I try:

Code:
#################### Log for A Lady's Past ####################
{u'timeout': 30, u'title': u"A Lady's Past", u'identifiers': {}, u'authors': [u'A. S. Fenichel']}
Using plugins: Kobo Books (1, 8, 0), Google (1, 0, 1)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Books took 30.1156039238
identify - title: "A Lady's Past" authors= "[u'A. S. Fenichel']"
create_query - title: "A Lady's Past"
create_query - after decode title: "A Lady's Past"
create_query - title_tokens: "[u'A', u"Lady's", u'Past']"
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=A+...clanguages=all
Failed to make identify query: u'https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=A+Lady%27s+Past+Fenichel&fcmedia=Book &fclanguages=all'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kobobooks.__init__", line 167, in identify
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 238, in open_novisit
File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 283, in _mech_open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 375, in _open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 363, in _call_chain
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/browser.py", line 29, in https_open
File "site-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1182, in do_open
URLError:

************************************************** ******************************
DictatorAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:18 PM   #52
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@DictatorAlly

What do you see when you access the search URL in a web browser since the log file says Failed to make identify query: with that URL?

https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=A+...l&fcmedia=Book &fclanguages=all
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #53
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

I already tried loading the page but thank you for the encouragement to try again, I can't load the page with the server's IP!

I can load it with TOR though!

Case closed!
Old 05-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #54
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Quote:
I can load it with TOR though!
And it doesn't work anymore.

Kobo are you reading these threads...
Old 05-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DictatorAlly View Post
And it doesn't work anymore.

Kobo are you reading these threads...
Firstly, no, Kobo are not here. This is not in any way an official Kobo product. Nor is this site an official Kobo support site.

I haven't had any issues access Kobo from Australia. I have been looking at some books today with no issues. It is most likely an issue with something between you and Kobo. Assuming you are getting the same error as before. If you are getting something different, you should pot the log.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #56
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Firstly, no, Kobo are not here. This is not in any way an official Kobo product. Nor is this site an official Kobo support site.

I haven't had any issues access Kobo from Australia. I have been looking at some books today with no issues. It is most likely an issue with something between you and Kobo. Assuming you are getting the same error as before. If you are getting something different, you should pot the log.

Yes of course. It is more likely I was mistaken yesterday, thinking I could load Kobo from the TOR Network.

I believe Kobo are blocking all IP addresses of the server network I was trying to access Kobo from.

It works when I use different IP's.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes of course. It is more likely I was mistaken yesterday, thinking I could load Kobo from the TOR Network.

I believe Kobo are blocking all IP addresses of the server network I was trying to access Kobo from.

Unless there the subnet is being used to attack them in some way, that would be a strange thing for them to do. Though, I suppose they could decide to block something like TOR as it means they can't do any geo-restrictions.

In any case, you need to talk to Kobo to find out what is happening. It could be a mistake.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:54 AM   #58
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Quote:
In any case, you need to talk to Kobo to find out what is happening. It could be a mistake.
That could be helpful.

Can I make some suggestions to changes to the Plugin?

I'd like two options to be added to the configuration page. Each option would be a blank text box, so that the user can define them how best suits - saving the need to create an exhaustive list.

One option would correspond to this " > "
Code:
if self.category_handling == 'hierarchy' and i > 0:
    tag = tag + " > " + raw
The next option would correspond to this "it"
Code:
SEARCH_PATH = '/it/search'
So that the user can add "it" or "it/it" or "us/it" whatever works for them.

Thank you for considering it.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #59
DictatorAlly
Enthusiast

Hi sorry to bother you so much! There seem's to be an error related to matching with the ISBN - it is not working, the rest of the search works well.

Here are some examples:

Code:
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query...clanguages=all
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors. Query: u'https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query=9780062820716&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all

Querying: https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query...clanguages=all
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors. Query: u'https://www.kobo.com/en/search?Query=9780062416216&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all
I also tried with a new install:

Code:
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=9780062416216&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors. Query: u'https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=9780062416216&fcmedia=Book&fclanguages=all'
Old 05-16-2020, 05:12 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Turn off your modem and go to sleep. When you wake, turn your modem back on.You should have a different IP. Then try it again. If it still doesn't work, maybe it's something to do with your ISP or what country you are in.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote