Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
riiight......since the command said it should AAAAAAA*DD

I took it to mean all letters, numbers.
Nope.... I think it's just an example of what the PID looks like. My last two characters are both letters not digits.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #17
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Just tried checking out books from the public library. The PID and Igors scripts have worked fine in the past but as of today kindlefix is telling me the PID is in the wrong format. I checked my library account and the PID looks fine (asterisk and all). I tried downloading two different books and both have the same message (as I said, its worked fine in the past).

Is it possible that they are stripping the asterisk behind the scenes or doing something so it won't create a Kindle PID properly?
Maybe you're making the same error that I made after using mobi2mobi and mobidedrm which both require a second book name. Kindlefix only requires the source book name and the PID. i.e. Kindlefix Scarletletter.prc XXXXXXX*XX
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What says the PID should be all letters? I've never heard that. My kindle pid has a numeral in the second position.

Are you sure you have the correct PID? What I do is cut and past my Kindles S/N from the amazon web site so I don't have to worry about typos.

BOb
I just got an answer from Amazon....so for anyone else out there who ever wonders if they have a "0" or "o", here it is.......
Thank you for writing about your serial number.

There are no letter "o"'s in the kindle serial number. if you are having issues registering your account you can call us a 1-866-321-8851.

That clears that up, and now I am 100% certain I have the correct PID...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #19
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Maybe you're making the same error that I made after using mobi2mobi and mobidedrm which both require a second book name. Kindlefix only requires the source book name and the PID. i.e. Kindlefix Scarletletter.prc XXXXXXX*XX
Ahhh...that may be it :...probably me getting the syntax alll confused between the scripts.

This may solve desertgrandmas latest issue too if she has been reading my posts too carefully
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ahhh...that may be it :...probably me getting the syntax alll confused between the scripts.

This may solve desertgrandmas latest issue too if she has been reading my posts too carefully
All I've done is learn from reading everyones posts.
Let us know if that works for you. I've just got back to the laptop and am starting to play again. Isn't this fun?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Let us know if that works for you. I've just got back to the laptop and am starting to play again. Isn't this fun?
If you want I can still webex in and see what you are doing. Perhaps i could figure it out. PErhaps not.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Yep..that was it...thank you Leep!!

I'm soooo stoopid

(If you are still having problems, I'd take pilotbob up on his very generous offer to webex...he only accesses your PC for the session with your permission and you can see everything he is doing).

Last edited by Boston; 10-13-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #23
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Don't think anything of it, I hadn't used Kindlefix for a while so I gave Desert Grandma an incorrect command line and have had her running in circles. At least with all of us working on it, we have it figured out. A very great thing about this forum.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you do have Mobidedrm.py 0.01 & 0.02 or just the 0.04 version, then just put in the computer's PID, strip the DRM after purchase and be done with it. Case closed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote