Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 09:04 PM   #1846
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If you are still doing Harlequin Rewards there's a 300 point activity on the page. I now have enough for a book. lol I think I will hold onto it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #1847
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I know a lot of you were waiting to read Archangel's Prophecy given the quasi-cliffhanger. According to Penguin Random House's website, Archangel's War will be out Sept 24, 2019.

Since between my two libraries they have all of the full-length books in the series, I've decided to read the ones I haven't yet (which is most of them - lol). I went ahead and bought the Angel's Flight anthology with the 4 novellas. I will probably read them in between and around the other books I planned to read this year, so no self-pressure to get to them all this calendar year. I've read most of the newsletter shorts already and I did read Archangel's Enigma back when it released. I am so NOT a fan of vampires, so we'll see how I like them...
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #1848
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
@library addict, did you read the ebook that Nalini created with all the free stories? It's nice. And the anthology is very good too (BTW, I'm not fan of vampires AT ALL, and I like these stories, even if I don't like a lot her contemporary ones).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #1849
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@library addict, did you read the ebook that Nalini created with all the free stories? It's nice. And the anthology is very good too (BTW, I'm not fan of vampires AT ALL, and I like these stories, even if I don't like a lot her contemporary ones).
I haven't read the whole thing, but I have read the various shorts since I subscribed to her newsletter in 2013, so I have read several of the Guild Hunter ones. And I had previously tracked down all of the Psy/Changeling ones, so I have read all of those as well as the Rock Kiss ones. It was nice to have all the shorts put together in one collection.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #1850
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Also by Elizabeth Mansfield - Holiday House Parties: Two Tales is two holiday themed novellas - on sale right now for $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (VIP/couponable) if you want to buy and save for next season . Not quite sure why they put this on sale two weeks after the holidays...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6YXJIA
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/holiday-house-parties

Spoiler:
Quote:
Unlikely lovers find passion under the Christmas mistletoe in this duet of Regency tales from an award-winning romance author.

In “The Girl with Airs,” Lord Dunvegan—Laird Geordie to his friends—attempts to persuade bluestocking Caroline Woolcott to give his besotted, tongue-tied friend Sir Archibald Halford a chance to win her hand in marriage. A Scotsman banished to England to cultivate a more genteel manner, Geordie has yet to meet a female who tempts him to settle down. It certainly isn’t the headstrong lass who wants nothing to do with Archie—or Geordie. But then Geordie’s father decides the standoffish Caroline would make an ideal bride for his wayward son, and a sizzling kiss in the doorway of a grand Lancashire estate turns two warring hearts to love . . .

In “A Sneeze on Tuesday,” Elinor Selby succumbs to the worst cold she’s ever known five days before Christmas, and her entire future takes a catastrophic turn. After an absence of five years, Elinor’s betrothed, Julian Henshaw, Lord Lovebourne, is due home any day. Were it not for her quick-thinking, curmudgeonly neighbor, Miles Endicott, on whom she’s relied since childhood, she might not be able to cope with the momentous reunion. But then an unexpected series of events forces Elinor and Miles to take part in a scandalous deception that will ignite a firestorm of longing and love.

Elizabeth Mansfield’s pair of irresistible holiday romances features men and women who discover love they didn’t know they were missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes! Elizabeth Mansfield Winter Wonderland or A Christmas Kiss.

Some Recs:

How The Dukes Stole Christmas by Tessa Dare, Sarah MacLean, Sophie Jordan,
& Joanna Shupe
Holiday Pleasures series by Theresa Romain

I have more but can't find my list I wrote down. I'll get back with you.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #1851
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free for the weekend from Entangled:

Butterface by Avery Flynn. I really liked this book, but I think it got fairly mixed reviews. Anyway, it's free so the price is right to check it out.

Spoiler:
It’s true. I’m not what most people would call “pretty” and, well, high school was rough. Fast forward ten years and life is good…

Until a bunch of jerks think it’s hilarious to put the “butterface” (AKA me) on a wedding Kiss Cam with the hottest guy ever—and that old humiliation hits hard.

I recognize him immediately. The sexiest cop in Waterbury and totally out of my league.

But then he kisses me. And we totally forget the room, the crowd, everything.

Then he tells everyone we’ve been dating for months.

Soon everything starts to feel too real, from adorable fights over “necessary” tools to fix my broken porch to surviving a free-for-all dinner with his six siblings to picking up where our last kiss left off.

But there’s something he’s not telling me about why he’s really hanging around, and I’m pretty sure it has to do with my mob-connected brothers.

Because this is not a make-over story, and Cinderella is only a fairy tale…
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #1852
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
[QUOTE=worktolive;3798132]Free for the weekend from Entangled:

Butterface by Avery Flynn. I really liked this book, but I think it got fairly mixed reviews. Anyway, it's free so the price is right to check it out. [/QUOTE]

Also available on Kobo: Butterface by Avery Flynn

and Amazon.ca: Butterface by Avery Flynn]

Last edited by DNSB; 01-11-2019 at 11:24 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #1853
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And also...

Nook US: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/but...=9781640635814
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/but...omantic-comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
[QUOTE=worktolive;3798132]Free for the weekend from Entangled:

Butterface by Avery Flynn. I really liked this book, but I think it got fairly mixed reviews. Anyway, it's free so the price is right to check it out.
Also available on Kobo: Butterface by Avery Flynn

and Amazon.ca: Butterface by Avery Flynn]
[/QUOTE]
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #1854
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Since I don't live in the USA, Nook links are basically useless for me while Kobo links automagically redirect to the country set in my user information.

On another hand, one of these days I'll figure out how to get being the book deal browser off my honeydo list.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #1855
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Warrior of the World (Chronicles of Dasnaria #3) by Jeffe Kennedy (A/5 stars)
  • Untouchable (Sons of Anson Salinas #3) by Jayne Ann Krentz (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-13.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	169046  
Old 01-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #1856
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGT S2 - 8.0, Kobo H2O, Note8
Hi All!

I think I'm back from an unexpectedly long reading hiatus. While I wasn't paying attention I see there have been some changes:

- Allromance is gone. Boo
- Samhain is gone. Meh
- The Harlequin site no longer allows for downloads. This is awful! I still have tons of codes left and now I'll have to use their pathetic app if I want to redeem them. My hope is that if I do redeem the codes the app will at some point disappear and I can eventually download the books. Fingers crossed.
- Kobo doesn't seem to be issuing very many codes anymore. Luckily when I checked my old stash of codes I found they are still working but I'll have to be very selective about what I use them on. Sure wish those contests would come back!

So what else have I missed in the past two years (yes it's been that long)?

I'm restarting my reading with a UF/paranormal binge
- Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs - 4.5
- Written Read (The Others #1) by Anne Bishop - 4.5
- Murder of Crows (The Others #2) - 4.5
- Vision in Silver (The Others #3) - 4.5
- Marked in Flesh (The Others #4) - 4.5

Starting the last in The Others then will move on to catch up on Alpha and Omega, KMM's Fever series and of course Psychanglings. The one nice thing about getting back to the books is I'll have a nice binge-worthy glut of favorite series and authors to catch up on!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #1857
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kobo Glo
Long time no see, apesmom! Welcome back!

I have The Others series in my library but haven't gotten around to read them yet.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #1858
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Hi, apesmom. Good to have you back

And, yes, bummer about those changes (particularly Harlequin).
Old 01-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #1859
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

For any Psy/Changeling fans out there who are interested:

I'm not on twitter, but a friend sent me this link.

Quote:
Aarya Marsden @Aarya_Marsden

Hi! Are you a fan of the Psy-Changeling series by @NaliniSingh? Wanna help contribute to the science of ranking all the books/heroes/heroines? I'm really interested in seeing the preferences of other fans, so please join the spreadsheet!

This spreadsheet was inspired the @WckdWallflowers awesome IAD spreadsheet. Please signal boost if you're so inclined - the more data, the better!
Ranking Spreadsheet of the Psy-Changeling Series by Nalini Singh
There are instructions/guidelines on the spreadsheet.

I can easily sort the books and couples into three levels (favorites, preferred, and okay) but actually ranking them 1-26 will be difficult.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:06 AM   #1860
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Apesmom! So nice to see you again! Let's since you've been gone I've discovered Guild Hunters series by Nalini Singh which is my all time favorite now, nearly obsessed about it. lol Chloe Neill...were you around when I read Chicagoland Vampires? Anything she writes is good. Oh my latest binge worthy series Love At Stakes by Kerrelyn Sparks.

These days I read mostly regency or vampires. Although I read a medieval romance last night.

This year I plan to give psy-changlings another try. Currently listening to Slave to Sensation again. I'm running out of series it seems in the paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy genre.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote