Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 04:15 AM   #211
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Not "anyone" it seems. I just tried on both my desktop and my phone, and there was no provision at any point of the purchase process to add a promo code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
There should be a drop-down where you choose your payment method. If you click the drop-down, one of the options is "Redeem". Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks. I would never have looked there. The promo code works for me in US.

Apparently it doesn't work outside the US, but thanks to specificwriter anyway for reminding those of us who are in the US to look for "redeem". It had been a while since I used a coupon code on Google Play and you saved me having to figure it out!

I didn't even have to select a book or start the checkout process - "Redeem" was an option on the left side of the screen and I was able to click it and then enter the code. I assume my discount will apply when I actually choose and buy a book.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:20 AM   #212
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Perhaps Google really DOES see all - I got an email from them a few minutes ago reminding me to claim a $7NZ credit they gave out when they switched "Google Drive" to "Google One". So I have ended up with a free book after all - and eight whole NZ cents credit left. I feel like Croesus!
stuartjmz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #213
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
I got £2 off a book I'd been wanting. Thanks.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:50 AM   #214
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
I've redeemed the code, thanks. I may give it a pass as nothing is screaming "Buy me"; but on the other hand, I could get a discount off an agency book on my wishlist and use Google play credit, which is a compelling argument.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #215
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I had the app one as well, though I didn't use it.

This one specifically stated books. "Enjoy a $2 ebook credit."

I haven't yet found any books over $8 that I really want. There were a few $7.99 ones, but they weren't eligible for the offer. It's a shame because there are multiple $13.99 and $14.99 pre-orders I would gladly use it on. Just nothing that is scheduled for release before January 21 when it expires.
I didn't use the app one either - it's difficult for me to find and app that expensive that I want.

I'll have to see if there are any books over $8 that I want. I won't pay $13.99 or $14.99 for a book anymore. When I could use coupons at Kobo I would consider a book that expensive, but I will wait to get it at the library. I could afford it, but I still won't reward price fixing.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #216
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Apparently it doesn't work outside the US, but thanks to specificwriter anyway for reminding those of us who are in the US to look for "redeem". It had been a while since I used a coupon code on Google Play and you saved me having to figure it out!

I didn't even have to select a book or start the checkout process - "Redeem" was an option on the left side of the screen and I was able to click it and then enter the code. I assume my discount will apply when I actually choose and buy a book.
Thanks! I just found the Redeem option in the menu on the left.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #217
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'll have to see if there are any books over $8 that I want. I won't pay $13.99 or $14.99 for a book anymore. When I could use coupons at Kobo I would consider a book that expensive, but I will wait to get it at the library. I could afford it, but I still won't reward price fixing.
I use the Google Rewards app to take short surveys and they give Play store credit. So it's like getting books for free. And I would rather spend the credits on books than digital movies.

I have a very limited set of authors I will pay that much for. So that also helps.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #218
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I use the Google Rewards app to take short surveys and they give Play store credit. So it's like getting books for free. And I would rather spend the credits on books than digital movies.

I have a very limited set of authors I will pay that much for. So that also helps.
I use the Google rewards app too, but I still refuse to buy a book that expensive. I used to have authors that were a must buy, but not anymore. I don't even remember what authors they were. I was just looking through a list of horror books on Google Play, and saw that It by Stephen King is $12.99. For a book from 1986 that's ridiculous.