Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #16681
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I bought a Kobo egift card for myself a few days ago, i.e. I sent the card to the same email address that I used to purchase it, but I still got the 2500 super points from this promotion.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #16682
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I bought a Kobo egift card for myself a few days ago, i.e. I sent the card to the same email address that I used to purchase it, but I still got the 2500 super points from this promotion.
Thank you for your post, I always wondered if that would work but never tried it. Now I will
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #16683
zelda.owns.link
Addict
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
I did the same promotion in Canada and already received my 2500 points!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #16684
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animalsSquirsier is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I did the same promotion in Canada and already received my 2500 points!
I ended up trying it and I did also get the 2500 points!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #16685
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Sadly, it was not available in the US.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #16686
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
If you need to renew or want to start a Kobo VIP membership right now, you're in luck, in the US at least. You can use promo code VIPHALF to get 50% off the membership.

From the offer page:

Quote:
We think our most passionate booklovers deserve the VIP treatment. For a limited time, you can earn more, save more, and collect rewards even faster for only $5 for a year. Hurry, this special offer expires on January 3rd, 2019!
Added: Sadly it didn't work for me with a current membership. It let me add the membership to the cart via the upgrade button on the web page, but then when I tried to check out, it kept saying my cart was empty. Not sure if it's a glitch or intentional, but either way, didn't work to extend my existing membership. (Didn't really think it would, but worth a try.... )

Last edited by sufue; 12-26-2018 at 08:29 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #16687
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
I tried to do that as well in the past and it didn't work. Is it my imagination, or has kobo really cut down on its various promotions? No bonus superpoints, very few extensive sales, etc. (at least in the US).
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #16688
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!jiminrussell My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: kobo Aura HD, H2O, Glo HD, Aura One, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimars View Post
I tried to do that as well in the past and it didn't work. Is it my imagination, or has kobo really cut down on its various promotions? No bonus superpoints, very few extensive sales, etc. (at least in the US).
There appears to be a 5x super points promotion on right now, in Canada at least, though I can't find a list of books that qualify. I did just buy Cave of Bones by Anne Hillerman and got 195 super points for a $1.99 CAD book that would normally only give me 39 points.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #16689
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
There appears to be a 5x super points promotion on right now, in Canada at least, though I can't find a list of books that qualify. I did just buy Cave of Bones by Anne Hillerman and got 195 super points for a $1.99 CAD book that would normally only give me 39 points.
There is a "Boxing Week" sale on here at https://www.kobo.com/au/en/p/boxingweek2018ANZ. The email says "$4.99 and under" and "earn 5x the Super Points". The page doesn't mention the super point, but they are mentioned on the book pages.

I just had a look at the Canadian home page, and has a "Boxing week" promotion on it. The details are different, and I can't see the book from here, but it is probably the one you are looking for. The link I can see is https://www.kobo.com/p/boxingweek18.

Also, there is 30% of audio books in Australia. "Use code SAVE30 to get a30% of all audiobooks". The link on the home page is https://www.kobo.com/p/boxingweekaudio. It lists a few audiobooks, but clicking on some random audiobooks, it seems to be valid for everything. The same link is on some of the other home pages, so it might be worldwide.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:53 AM   #16690
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a "Boxing Week" sale on here at https://www.kobo.com/au/en/p/boxingweek2018ANZ. The email says "$4.99 and under" and "earn 5x the Super Points". The page doesn't mention the super point, but they are mentioned on the book pages.
Thanks for the tip, David. Kobo doesn't send me emails, but thanks to your post I picked up 2 for $10 and a decent boost to my points total as well
stuartjmz is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals